Title: Account Manager - Commercial Real Estate Insurance
Reporting To: VP of Commercial Lines
Hippo is modernizing home insurance by putting customers at the center of everything we do. Using innovative technology and a data-driven approach, we strive to provide nothing less than the best policies, best value and best customer service in the industry. And this is just the beginning. Hippo’s true ambition lies in helping prevent people from having problems with their homes to begin with. Because, at the end of the day, the best home insurance policy is the one you never have to use.
About This Role
We’re seeking an experienced commercial lines insurance professional who is willing to think outside the box with a whole new approach to policy servicing. Our Account Managers play a vital role in ensuring our clients receive the service they need to properly manage their insurance policies. You are the facilitator of positive and effective relationships with our valued clients. As the point-of-contact, you will assist the team by managing a book of commercial accounts, which may include marketing to carriers, preparing quotes and proposals, quickly responding to policy inquiries, maintaining renewal changes to expirations, checking policies/endorsements/audits for accuracy, and maintaining accurate and organized account files for the department.
- You’re a current or former commercial lines Account Manager, Account Executive, Agent or Agency/Production Underwriter
- You love helping people, have a natural empathy for others and helping them find solutions and solve problems
- Highly collaborative and enjoy working with others
- You have an excellent sense of priority and respond quickly to customer needs
- You are solutions-orientated and demonstrate accountability through ownership of action
What You'll do:
- Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with Hippo’s commercial lines customers and the broader Hippo organization
- Process customer service requests quickly and thoroughly
- Process daily diaries and ad hoc policy level reviews quickly and thoroughly while maintaining proper service levels
- Provides technical support to Underwriter including research and compilation of answers to client policy and coverage questions
- Investigates, initiates and prepares necessary proposals and applications, submits them to appropriate parties, obtains clients’ signatures on all documents, follows up to ensure timely responses, supporting the Underwriter
- Prepares summaries of insurance schedules and proposals for account review, comparing to policy to ensure contract complies
- Represents Hippo in conjunction with underwriting in handling complaints, arbitrating disputes, or resolving grievances; facilitates a productive and amicable working relationship between clients and underwriter; develops and maintains a positive relationship and rapport with each insurance carrier to satisfy our clients’ needs and facilitate the processing of business.
- Be able to process endorsements as well as request endorsements from expanded marketplace companies when needed
- Organize and prioritize workflow. Order and issue binders, certificates, policies, endorsements and other related items, verify accuracy and forward to client with appropriate correspondence
- Maintain all client activity in the agency system
- Support all client requests including assistance in navigating billing questions and loss run requests
- Supports Underwriting by collecting all requisite information needed to satisfy underwriting requirements including generating and collecting loss runs, exposure data and contracts
- Must be available to work during hours reflecting our customers’ locations
- 7+ years related work experience
- Prior experience in Commercial Lines Property and/or Liability insurance is required
- A Property & Casualty – Broker/Agent license is not required, but is a plus
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced and diverse environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and directed; ability to collaborate is a must, but you will be autonomous and expected to succeed without heavy direction
- Strong intellectual curiosity and a desire to help others solve problems
- Flexible and willing to do what is needed to get great work done
- A natural inclination to work within a culture that is fast-paced and dynamic
Compensation and Perks
- Healthy Hippos Benefits- 100% Employer paid medical, dental & vision plan options for our team members AND their families (yes, you read that correctly).
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Hippo Meals & Snacks- We cater lunch in our office 3 times a week and we provide all the snacks & drinks our Hippos can handle daily.
- Hippo Habitat- Our beautiful, historic offices are located in downtown Austin at the corner of 6th & Congress.
Hippo is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Hippo’s applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to an applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Hippo applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Hippo’s People Team to make the need for an accommodation known.