Location: Palo Alto, CA
Reporting to: Vice President of Communications
Title: Director of Internal Communications
Hippo is modernizing home insurance by putting customers at the center of everything we do. Using innovative technology and a data-driven approach, we strive to provide homeowners with the best policies, best value, and best customer service in the industry. And as if that isn’t enough, it’s really just the beginning. Hippo’s true ambition lies in helping prevent people from experiencing problems with their homes to begin with. Because, at the end of the day, the best home insurance policy is the one you never have to use.
You have an entrepreneurial mindset, and relentless curiosity, given this is an entirely new role. You have a passion for helping people and never struggle to stay tuned into other’s needs. You’re confident, articulate and poised presenting to executive team leaders.
What You’ll do:
- Act as the primary voice of our team and our leadership to ensure consistency and clarity in internal communications
- Build from the ground up, with collaborative team and supportive cross-team inputs and support
- Use your curiosity and keen storytelling abilities to create new team experiences and support programs and processes
- Create and help execute branded, cohesive internal communication strategy and program by working with key stakeholders across the business
- Drive internal programs that will help continue to engage and connect our teams including creating opportunities to gather feedback on internal communications and programs·
- Lead company-wide communication efforts, such as all hands meetings, email communication, presentations, and web content
- 7-10 years of related professional experience
- Strong leadership with emphasis on collaboration, proactive, flexible, GSD attitude
- Ability to manage all writing, editing and strategic management of our internal communications channels
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (you must love writing and storytelling)
- Change Management experience
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and working with a wide variety of internal partners
- Enthusiasm for improving and managing communications channels such as newsletters and websites
- Strong strategic thinking, organizational and project management skills
- Fantastic PowerPoint and/or Keynote skills
- Experience working at a public company
Nice to Haves:
- Fantastic Photoshop or InDesign skills
- The ability to drive programs from mission-first perspective
- Journalist or editorial experience
- PROSCI certification
- Leadership experience
- Startup experience
Compensation and Perks
- Healthy Hippos Benefits- 100% Employer paid medical, dental & vision plan options for our team members AND their families (yes, you read that correctly). As well as 401K, long & short-term disability, EAP and flexible spending accounts.
- Flexible Paid Time Off- Uncapped PTO (with manager approval)
- Little Hippos Program- We reimburse our team members up to $25k for adoption costs and up to $50k for infertility treatments. Plus, we offer 12 weeks parental leave for primary caregivers and 6 weeks for secondary caregivers.
- Hippo Habitat- Fun offices located in downtown Palo Alto, less than a 5-minute walk from Caltrain. We also offer commuter benefits including free parking pass. Stocked kitchen and BBQ Friday’s for all!
Hippo is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Hippo’s applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to an applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Hippo applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Hippo’s People Team to make the need for an accommodation known.