Role: Senior Manager, People Relations
Location: Austin, TX
Hippo is modernizing the $100B home insurance industry by putting customers at the center of everything we do, from the coverage we offer to the customer service we provide. Hippo’s true ambition lies in helping people protect their homes to begin with by leveraging technology and data to help find small issues before they become big headaches. Because, at the end of the day, the best home insurance policy is the one you never have to use.
Hippo treats its team members with the same level of dedication and care as we do our customers. Our CEO, Assaf Wand, views this company as an opportunity to care for one another like a family, which is why we’re fortunate to provide all of our Hippos with:
- Healthy Hippos Benefits- 100% Employer paid medical, dental & vision plan options for our team members AND their families (yes, you read that correctly).
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Little Hippos Program- We reimburse our team members up to $25k for adoption costs and up to $50k for infertility treatments. Plus, we offer 12 weeks parental leave for primary caregivers and 6 weeks for secondary caregivers.
- Hippo Habitat- Our beautiful, historic offices are located in downtown Austin at the corner of 6th & Congress.
About This Role
Hippo is seeking a Sr. Manager, People Relations (HRBP) in our Austin, TX office to work with our Austin team to partner on performance, employee relations, provide hands-on coaching, and strategic support for a wide range of People initiatives. You will function as a trusted business partner and are expected to maintain a high level of business literacy about Hippo’s key strategic plans, culture and its people.
- Drive a culture of high performance, impact and champion key culture and values.
- Oversee employee relations and work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and impact.
- Deliver insights and solutions to the Austin leadership team to address business challenges and contribute to the development of successful business strategies.
- Partner with leaders to drive business growth and organizational effectiveness, lead change management initiatives, and build organizational capability.
- Collaborate with business leaders, People & Recruiting team, and Finance on workforce planning and talent acquisition.
- Directly support Austin leaders with all people initiatives, including compensation, talent and performance.
- Strengthen leadership and manager effectiveness, partnering with our L&D team to ensure managers are demonstrating our leadership competencies and modeling our values while developing and growing their employees.
- Support the company’s culture and engagement goals through identification of issues, facilitation of planning solutions and reporting progress.
- Ensure consistent interpretation of company policies and procedures, practices and principles relating to employee relations and risk management; counsel and advise management and recommend approaches to prevent and resolve problems.
Knowledge And Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field
- Minimum 7+ years of business partnering experience with expertise in employee relations, coaching, and performance management.
- Experience in a tech / insurance / insurtech industry is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superb judgement
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality, establish trust and credibility and act with complete integrity
- Ability to identify and define issues, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions and develop recommendations and solutions that meet the needs of the company
Hippo is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Hippo’s applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to an applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Hippo applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Hippo’s People Team to make the need for an accommodation known.