Head of Recruiting
Reports to: VP of People
The Head of Recruiting is a key member our Hippo leadership team and reports directly to the VP of People. In this new role at Hippo, the Director of Recruiting leads Hippo’s recruiting efforts and is the head of the entire recruitment department. You will determine the strategic direction and objectives of the recruiting department, which in turn supports Hippo’s growth while simultaneously maintaining our culture and high talent quality standards. You have experience as a thoughtful recruiting partner to senior leadership and build strong relationships to quickly deliver results in a rapidly and constantly evolving environment.
You are an experienced and thoughtful recruiting leader with the ability to build and scale a high performing recruiting team. You demonstrate tenacity, resilience, and leadership enabling you to organize and lead projects, overcome challenges, and deliver solutions. You’ve proven your ability to build a high impact Recruiting function that is able to index on what top talent looks like and strategize on how to position Hippo to be their employer of choice.
- Provide key business partnership and thought leadership on recruiting
- Lead, develop, and manage recruiting team hiring across tech, product, business and volume roles
- Lead the development and execution of comprehensive recruiting strategies that will guarantee Hippo attracts and hires the topmost talent
- Develop strategies and processes that utilize both traditional and innovative sources to attract talent
- Collaborate with executives and senior leadership in determining the current and future talent requirements of the business and those needs unique to each department and function
- Drive a culture of constant improvement, identifying, and implementing projects in order to increase business-wide recruiting effectiveness and efficiency
- Leads business and leadership recruiting efforts for Hippo
- 10+ years of experience working in a senior recruiting position, preferably working as the Head of Recruiting in a fast-paced and highly competitive business
- A proven and successful experience managing full-cycle recruiting processes consisting of sourcing, screening, on-boarding, and business partnering
- Experience directly managing recruiters and team building, leading to the acquisition of the best talents in the market
- Exceptional leadership skills, demonstrating an ability to influence and work collaboratively with leadership and executives and to drive a cross-functional team in an aligned direction
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and constantly evolving environment, be innovative and willing to take risks, be welcoming to change, and be proactive and self-motivated working under minimal supervision
- Comfort with rapidly changing business needs that is typical of a fast growing company
Compensation and Perks
- Healthy Hippos Benefits- 100% Employer paid medical, dental & vision plan options for our team members AND their families (yes, you read that correctly). As well as 401K, long & short term disability, EAP and flexible spending accounts.
- Flexible Paid Time Off- Uncapped PTO (with manager approval)
- Little Hippos Program- We reimburse our team members up to $25k for adoption costs and up to $50k for infertility treatments. Plus, we offer 12 weeks parental leave for primary caregivers and 6 weeks for secondary caregivers.
- Hippo Habitat- Fun offices located in downtown Palo Alto, less than a 5 minute walk from Caltrain. We also offer commuter benefits including free parking pass. Stocked kitchen and BBQ Friday’s for all!
Hippo is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion. Hippo’s applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to an applicant’s disability or need for accommodation.
Any Hippo applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Hippo’s People Team to make the need for an accommodation known.