Role: Insurance Compliance Associate – Spinnaker Insurance
Location: Dallas, Texas
Insurance Compliance Associate will play a critical role in ensuring the Company’s legal and regulatory compliance, reporting to the Director of Compliance, and acting cross-functionally with the Underwriting Department, Finance, and General Counsel
- Responsible for refining and maintaining the Company’s filing management calendar that outlines the regulatory and compliance filings of a P&C insurance company doing business in all 50 states, multiple lines of business
- Filing responsibilities for a number of state filings, including:
- Fair Plans
- Market Conduct Surveys
- Emergency Assessments
- Statistical Data Filings
- Mine subsidence reports
- Surcharge Reports
- Fee and Assessment reporting
- Serve as Annual Statement Coordinator
- Support Company licensing and related filing processes
- Maintain robust and transparent filing documentation
- Collaborate across functional areas, including Finance, Underwriting, IT, and Legal, as well as the Company’s affiliates, to ensure the accuracy and integrity of all filings
- Interface with regulators and other governmental agencies for day-to-day compliance and filing matters
- Assist in other regulatory and/or compliance matters and special projects as delegated including financial and market conduct audits
- Perform regular internal audits and risk assessments to identify and correct non-compliant areas
- Coordinate and support internal and external resources supporting compliance function
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- Must have 5+ years of experience working in P&C insurance
- Exceptional research skills with the ability to research regulations across all jurisdictions and communicate them effectively across diverse stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Must be willing to learn new things and take on new responsibilities
Hippo is modernizing the $100B home insurance industry by putting customers at the center of everything we do, from the coverage we offer to the customer service we provide. Hippo’s true ambition lies in helping people protect their homes to begin with by leveraging technology and data to help find small issues before they become big headaches. Because, at the end of the day, the best home insurance policy is the one you never have to use.
Hippo treats its team members with the same level of dedication and care as we do our customers. Our CEO, Assaf Wand, views this company as an opportunity to care for one another like a family, which is why we’re fortunate to provide all of our Hippos with:
- Healthy Hippos Benefits- 100% Employer paid medical, dental & vision plan options for our team members AND their families (yes, you read that correctly).
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Little Hippos Program- We reimburse our team members up to $25k for adoption costs and up to $50k for infertility treatments. Plus, we offer 12 weeks parental leave for primary caregivers and 6 weeks for secondary caregivers.
- Hippo Meals & Snacks- We cater lunch in our office 3 times a week and we provide all the snacks & drinks our Hippos can handle daily.
Hippo is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Hippo’s applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to an applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Hippo applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Hippo’s People Team to make the need for an accommodation known.