Hippo is modernizing home insurance by putting customers at the center of everything we do. Using innovative technology and a data-driven approach, we strive to provide homeowners with the best policies, best value, and best customer service in the industry. And as if that wasn’t enough, it’s really just the beginning. Hippo’s true ambition lies in helping prevent people from experiencing problems with their homes, to begin with. Because, at the end of the day, the best home insurance policy is the one you never have to use.
Our fresh approach to home insurance clearly resonates with people. Hippo has grown 25% a month over the past year, has a customer satisfaction score more than double the industry average, and insures more than $90B in property value. We’re seeking the most passionate and skilled talent to redefine the role insurance plays in people’s lives.
About This Role
We’re hiring for an experienced and data-driven Sales Operations Manager / Sr. Associate to join our team in Palo Alto, CA. In this role, you will report to our Chief Revenue Officer and own key sales operations functions for all revenue channels.
- You are passionate about taking ownership, driving impact and solving problems. You are intellectually curious with a bias to action.
- You possess strong analytical skills and are comfortable digging deep below the surface to uncover insights that will play a critical role in guiding our growth.
- You are detail oriented, flexible and have the ability to interact with and influence a diverse set of stakeholders.
- You have no ego. Believe in true partnership and collaboration throughout an organization.
- Lead sales forecasting in partnership with channel owners.
- Develop processes, tools, and dashboards to report on performance vs. budget. Lead cross-functional meetings to review performance vs. budget and identify forward-looking areas for improvement.
- Lead ad hoc projects to improve the performance and efficiency of our sales organization e.g. sales incentive design, forecast modeling, process improvement and automation.
- Provide operational support for sales teams by establishing and tracking KPIs and evaluating performance against targets.
- Advise channel owners on growing and optimizing their businesses by making data-driven, actionable recommendations that help them achieve their long-term strategic priorities.
- 2-3 years of experience in sales operations. Additional experience in management consulting, finance, business operations, or analytics is a plus.
- Experience with financial modeling and data analysis.
- Excellent communication, project and time management, writing and presentation skills with the ability to confidently interact with senior management.
- Expert knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel). Experience with Salesforce.com, SQL, and reporting tools (Tableau) is a plus.
Compensation and Perks
- Fun offices located in downtown Palo Alto, less than a 5 minute walk from Caltrain
- Stocked kitchen
- Flexible, uncapped PTO (with manager approval)
- Full time salary based on experience and equity in a fast-growing startup
- Full paid benefits for you and your family including medical, dental, vision, ltd, std, EAP, and flexible spending accounts
Hippo is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Hippo’s applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to an applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Hippo applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Hippo’s People Team to make the need for an accommodation known.