Hippo is modernizing home insurance by putting customers at the center of everything we do. Using innovative technology and a data-driven approach, we strive to provide homeowners with the best policies, best value, and best customer service in the industry. And as if that wasn’t enough, it’s really just the beginning. Hippo’s true ambition lies in helping prevent people from experiencing problems with their homes, to begin with. Because, at the end of the day, the best home insurance policy is the one you never have to use.
Our fresh approach to home insurance clearly resonates with people. Hippo has grown 25% a month over the past year, has a customer satisfaction score more than double the industry average, and insures more than $90B in property value. We’re seeking the most passionate and skilled talent to redefine the role insurance plays in people’s lives.
About This Role
We’re hiring for a data-driven Partnership Operations Manager to join our Partnerships team in Palo Alto, CA. This is a multifaceted role where you will be responsible for managing and growing Hippo’s distribution partnerships across verticals including home builders, mortgage, and smart home.
We are looking for analytical and strategic individuals who are not afraid of rolling up their sleeves, digging deep into data to find actionable insights, and driving growth-focused initiatives end-to-end.
This is a highly cross-functional role that will quarterback initiatives across Product, Sales, Support, Finance and Marketing, managing stakeholders towards a set of business objectives.
- You are passionate about taking ownership, driving impact and solving problems. You are intellectually curious with a bias to action.
- You possess strong analytical skills and are comfortable digging deep below the surface to uncover insights that will play a critical role in guiding our partnership growth.
- You collaborate effectively across functional areas and with external partners to define, prioritize and implement key initiatives and to hit or exceed business goals.
- You have the intellectual horsepower to think through and address various different business problems in parallel.
- You are detail oriented, flexible and have the ability to interact with and influence a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders.
- You have no ego. Believe in true partnership and collaboration throughout an organization.
- Analytics: Build and maintain dashboards to track performance against KPIs. Conduct ad-hoc, deep-dive analysis to uncover opportunities for growth and optimization within our partnerships.
- Growth: Launch new partnerships while scaling existing. Build and improve upon playbooks for successful partnerships.
- Operational success: See the entire landscape of the business and understand that projects & initiatives do not happen in a silo. Understand how different levers have indirect & complimentary benefits to multiple teams.
- Business planning: Lead meetings through deliverables, outcomes and actions. Own agenda development and track follow-up actions and influence leaders to complete forward looking business plans.
- Project management: Collaborate with multiple cross-functional partners, including product, sales, marketing, finance and legal in order to drive initiatives forward.
- 3+ years of experience for Sr. Associate, 5+ years of experience for Manager
- Background in business operations or analytics at Tech companies. Management consulting experience a plus.
- Strong analytical skills, an ability to create refined data models in Excel. Bonus points if you have background in SQL and database query skills.
Compensation and Perks
- Fun offices located in downtown Palo Alto, less than a 5 minute walk from Caltrain
- Stocked kitchen and BBQ Friday’s
- Flexible, uncapped PTO (with manager approval)
- Full time salary based on experience and equity in a fast-growing startup
- Full paid benefits for you and your family including medical, dental, vision, ltd, std, EAP, and flexible spending accounts
Hippo is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Hippo’s applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to an applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Hippo applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Hippo’s People Team to make the need for an accommodation known.