Role: Product Filing and Compliance Manager
Location: Dallas, TX
Reports To: Senior Manager, Legal and Compliance
Hippo is modernizing the $100B home insurance industry by putting customers at the center of everything we do, from the coverage we offer to the customer service we provide. Hippo’s true ambition lies in helping people protect their homes to begin with by leveraging technology and data to help find small issues before they become big headaches. Because, at the end of the day, the best home insurance policy is the one you never have to use.
Hippo treats its team members with the same level of dedication and care as we do our customers. Our CEO, Assaf Wand, views this company as an opportunity to care for one another like a family, which is why we’re fortunate to provide all of our Hippos with:
- Healthy Hippos Benefits- 100% Employer paid medical, dental & vision plan options for our team members AND their families (yes, you read that correctly).
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Little Hippos Program- We reimburse our team members up to $25k for adoption costs and up to $50k for infertility treatments. Plus, we offer 12 weeks parental leave for primary caregivers and 6 weeks for secondary caregivers.
- Hippo Meals & Snacks- We cater lunch in our office 3 times a week and we provide all the snacks & drinks our Hippos can handle daily.
About This Role
The Product Filing and Compliance Manager will be responsible for helping establish an in-house process for form filings. This person will report directly to our Senior Manager of Legal and Compliance. We are looking for someone who is looking for an opportunity to make a strong impact on a rapidly growing book of business.
You have a deep understanding of state regulatory requirements and excel at evaluating a company’s products to ensure compliance. You have extensive experience working with a wide variety of state regulators in the form and rate filing division.
- Develop and perform compliance reviews on company’s forms utilizing DOI checklists and other state requirements to determine non-compliant provisions. Prepare necessary amendatory endorsements, state-specific forms, and notices
- Where form filings are performed in-house, determine form filing requirements and prepare required transmittals; assemble form filing packages and upload filing documents to SERFF; monitor filing status; prepare and file responses to interrogatories
- Oversee third party vendors for outsourced form and rate filings by coordinating filing timelines and responses to interrogatories
- Develop great working relationships with our regulators as key stakeholders in our business
- Communicate and work closely with Insurance, Underwriting and Actuarial teams on implementation of approved forms and rates
- Develop and manage process to validate correct implementation of approved filings
- 5+ years experience with insurance product, compliance and regulatory filings. Rate filing experience a plus
- Experience with new product filings and modification to existing programs
- Technical product expertise, Homeowners insurance a plus
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment while maintaining multiple projects and responsibilities
- Experience with making filings via SERFF
- Self-motivated and directed; ability to collaborate is a must
- Flexible and willing to do what is needed to get great work done
- A natural inclination to work within a culture that is fast-paced and dynamic
Hippo is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Hippo’s applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to an applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Hippo applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Hippo’s People Team to make the need for an accommodation known.