Senior Manual QA Engineer
Hippo is modernizing the home insurance industry by putting customers at the center of everything we do, from the coverage we offer to the customer service we provide. Hippo’s true ambition lies in helping people protect their homes to begin with by leveraging technology and data to help find small issues before they become big headaches. Because, at the end of the day, the best home insurance policy is the one you never have to use. We're looking for a talented QA/testing engineer to help us grow the product line and expand across the United States. An ideal candidate brings curiosity, maturity, attention to details and a deep understanding of the software development life cycle. Our current environment requires heavy manual testing capability.
- Lead QA efforts through the design, implementation and support of new features and products and working with cross-functional teams to achieve such efforts
- Perform manual testing, design test cases, drive automation, and prioritize these functions
- Collaborate with the engineering leadership team to improve automation, QA methodologies, and best practices throughout the company
- Utilize and apply expert knowledge of computer science principles and methodologies to evaluate test case automation capabilities
- Able to build new automation test cases on the existing infrastructure
- Assist with defining and prioritizing product requirements
- Conduct FE and BE testing; work with APIs, DBs, S3
- Conduct cross-browser testing to check the compatibility of applications across various browsers (e.g., Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Edge). Participate in Mobile testing as well.
- Experience with heavy manual testing
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or any related field of study
- 2+ years of work experience
- Demonstrable knowledge, experience, skill and proficiency with the following:
- Scrum/Agile methodologies
- Unix / Linux environments. AWS / GCP cloud environments
- Jira or Bugzilla for bug tracking
- One or more of the following testing tools: Selenium IDE, Selenium Web Driver, JUnit, TestNG, Jenkins, TestRail, Postman
- Shell scripting is a plus
Hippo treats its team members with the same level of dedication and care as we do our customers. Our CEO views this company as an opportunity to care for one another like a family, which is why we’re fortunate to provide all of our Hippos with:
- Healthy Hippos Benefits- 100% Employer paid medical, dental & vision plan options for our team members AND their families (yes, you read that correctly)
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Hippo Meals & Snacks- We cater lunch in our office 3 times a week and we provide all the snacks & drinks our Hippos can handle daily. Fully stocked kitchen & AMAZINGLY GOOD in-house BBQ on Fridays
- Hippo Habitat- Our beautiful modern engineering and business HQ in downtown Palo Alto, steps from CalTrain
Compensation and Perks
- Healthy Hippos Benefits- 100% Employer paid medical, dental & vision plan options for our team members AND their families (yes, you read that correctly). As well as 401K, long & short term disability, EAP and flexible spending accounts.
- Flexible Paid Time Off- Uncapped PTO (with manager approval)
- Hippo Habitat- Fun offices located in downtown Palo Alto, less than a 5 minute walk from Caltrain. We also offer commuter benefits including free parking pass. Stocked kitchen and BBQ Friday’s for all!
Hippo is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Hippo’s applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to an applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Hippo applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Hippo’s People Team to make the need for an accommodation known.