Role: Senior Business Analyst
Location: Austin, TX
Reports To: VP, Information Systems
Hippo is modernizing the $100B home insurance industry by putting customers at the center of everything we do, from the coverage we offer to the customer service we provide. Hippo’s true ambition lies in helping people protect their homes to begin with by leveraging technology and data to help find small issues before they become big headaches. Because, at the end of the day, the best home insurance policy is the one you never have to use.
Hippo treats its team members with the same level of dedication and care as we do our customers. Our CEO, Assaf Wand, views this company as an opportunity to care for one another like a family, which is why we’re fortunate to provide all of our Hippos with:
- Healthy Hippos Benefits- 100% Employer paid medical, dental & vision plan options for our team members AND their families (yes, you read that correctly).
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Little Hippos Program- We reimburse our team members up to $25k for adoption costs and up to $50k for infertility treatments. Plus, we offer 12 weeks parental leave for primary caregivers and 6 weeks for secondary caregivers.
- Hippo Meals & Snacks- We cater lunch in our office 3 times a week and we provide all the snacks & drinks our Hippos can handle daily.
- Hippo Habitat- Our beautiful, historic offices are located in downtown Austin at the corner of 6th & Congress.
About This Role
The Senior Business Analyst role is a key support position in the upkeep of day to day business operations; both internal to the business and external to partnerships that drive the business. You will support various systems and associated processes end to end and triage problems with internal users, partners, and clients. As a member of the internal support team, you will provide customer service to business users while ensuring proper protocols are met, document and retain processes and act as the key point of communication between the business and engineering departments. Daily responsibilities include validating tickets, escalating as needed, and identifying opportunities for improvement and admin management of our CRM instances with Salesforce.
- Analytical, at ease with breaking data into a narrative to support or dispel a thesis
- Driven, is unafraid of hard work and putting in the time needed to resolve an issue
- Customer service focused, always willing to go the extra mile
- Detail oriented, focused on both the macro and micro outcomes of a project and daily work
- Self-motivated, someone able to work well in a group and independently
- Ability to diagnose errors based on the data provided and with independent research into what could be causing a specific bug (ease in working with Loggly and Postman is a plus)
- Capable with CRM management (specifically Salesforce and Financial Services Cloud)
- Builds and runs reports for business partners while breaking down KPIs for any given project
- Triages inbound tickets to assess the level of impact and escalation needed
- Works closely with both business and engineering as the hub of communication between the departments
- Creates and maintains process flows and documents as a knowledge base reference
- Provides training on new processes and systems
- Onboards and provides a point of contact to Partners integrating with Hippo for their business needs
- Maintain and update the access, credentials, and health checks of external third-party vendors essential to the business operation
- Troubleshooting Web Applications (SOAP & REST APIs)
- Knowledge of XML, XPath
- Proficient with SQL & writing SQL queries.
- Ability to read JSON data
- Proficient with Postman, Loggly, Jira, Confluence, AWS S3
- Planning, organizing, defining & implementing quality processes.
- Programming experience is a big plus
- Manage App changes, errors, and enhancements in Salesforce Instances
- Defining KPIs & creating metrics for department management and insight
Hippo is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Hippo’s applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to an applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Hippo applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Hippo’s People Team to make the need for an accommodation known.