Senior Fullstack Engineer
Hippo is a hyper-growth company that is taking the market by storm. Our technology first approach is modernizing the otherwise stale home insurance industry, from IOT monitoring devices to our industry leading software. Led by a strong team of passionate business and technology veterans, we're rapidly expanding by inviting great engineers to join our talented, close knit team here in the Bay Area.
We're looking for a talented full stack engineer to help us grow the product line and expand across the United States. An ideal candidate brings leadership, maturity and a deep understanding of the software development life cycle.
- Work with a small, cross functional team on products and features to drive growth
- Build customer-facing experiences that demystify the insurance buying process
- Help to evolve our software applications into scalable, mature products
- Grow under the mentorship of staff engineers that you collaborate with daily and begin mentoring other engineers
- 7+ years professional experience as a full stack engineer on web applications and services
- 2+ years of experience with NodeJS or similar backend scripting technology
- 2+ years of experience with a modern front-end framework
- An appreciation for customer-centric solutions where success is defined by business impact
- Experience with the service-oriented architecture, relational databases, and restful APIs
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related technical field
Nice to Have:
- Experience with React, Nest.js, Typescript, and GraphQL
- A strong ability to design data models based on business domain use cases
Compensation and Perks
- Healthy Hippos Benefits- 100% Employer paid medical, dental & vision plan options for our team members AND their families (yes, you read that correctly). As well as 401K, long & short term disability, EAP and flexible spending accounts.
- Flexible Paid Time Off- Uncapped PTO (with manager approval)
- Hippo Habitat- Fun offices located in downtown Palo Alto, less than a 5 minute walk from Caltrain. We also offer commuter benefits including free parking pass. Stocked kitchen and BBQ Friday’s for all!
Hippo is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Hippo’s applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to an applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Hippo applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Hippo’s People Team to make the need for an accommodation known.