Named one of the top startups to watch, Hippo is a hyper-growth E round startup that is taking the market by storm. Our technology first approach is modernizing the otherwise stale home insurance industry, from IOT monitoring devices to our industry leading software. Led by a strong team of passionate business and technology veterans, we're rapidly expanding by inviting great engineers to join our talented, close knit team here in the Bay Area.
We're looking for a talented senior back end engineer to help us grow the product line and expand across the United States. An ideal candidate brings leadership, maturity and a deep understanding of the software development life cycle.
- Work with a small, cross functional team on products and features to drive growth
- Build user friendly highly scalable, fault tolerant solutions across our industry disrupting product portfolio
- Elevate our technology and best practices through partnership with the Head of Engineering and other tech leaders
- Join stakeholder groups to guide engineering wide initiatives (security, devops, infrastructure, agile, hiring, etc)
- Mentor and lead other engineers
- 5+ years professional experience as a full stack engineer on web applications and services
- 2+ years of experience with NodeJS or similar backend scripting technology
- 2+ years of experience with React, Angular or any modern front-end framework
- Experience working with database systems (such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB)
- Experience with the service-oriented architecture, and restful APIs
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related technical field
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Nest.js and TypeScript
Compensation & Perks:
- Great equity package, competitive salaries, unlimited PTO policy (with manager approval)
- Generous medical, dental, vision, 401K, FSA account, commuter benefits including free parking pass, and others.
- Fully stocked kitchen & AMAZINGLY GOOD in-house BBQ on Fridays
- Work and play with super smart, friendly people in our high energy office!
Hippo is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Hippo’s applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to an applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Hippo applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Hippo’s People Team to make the need for an accommodation known