Senior Front End Engineer
Named one of the top 57 startups to watch in 2019, Hippo is a hyper-growth C round startup that is taking the market by storm. Our technology first approach is modernizing the otherwise stale home insurance industry, from IOT monitoring devices to our PEAN stack to our industry leading software. Led by a CEO with one startup success already under his belt and head of engineering with successful exists from both Zynga and SquareTrade (1.43 billion acquisition), we're rapidly expanding the team to join our talented, close knit team here in downtown Mountain View.
We're looking for a talented senior front end engineer to help us grow the product line and expand across the United States. An ideal candidate brings leadership, maturity and a deep understanding of the software development life cycle.
- Work with a small, cross functional team on products and features to drive growth
- Build user friendly, highly scalable solutions across our industry disrupting product portfolio
- Elevate our technology and best practices through partnership with the Head of Engineering and other tech leaders
- Join stakeholder groups to guide engineering wide initiatives (security, devops, infrastructure, agile, hiring, etc)
- Mentor and lead less senior engineers
- 2+ years working on a consumer facing product
- 2+ years of heavy experience with React
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
Compensation & Perks:
- Heavy equity package, competitive salaries, unlimited PTO policy (with manager approval)
- Generous medical, dental, vision, 401K, FSA account, commuter benefits including free parking pass, and others.
- Fully stocked kitchen & AMAZINGLY GOOD in-house BBQ Friday’s
- Work and play with super smart, friendly people in a high energy office in downtown Mountain View!!