Hims & Hers Health, Inc. (better known as Hims & Hers) is the leading health and wellness platform, on a mission to help the world feel great through the power of better health. We are revolutionizing telehealth for providers and their patients alike. Making personalized solutions accessible is of paramount importance to Hims & Hers and we are focused on continued innovation in this space. Hims & Hers offers nonprescription products and access to highly personalized prescription solutions for a variety of conditions related to mental health, sexual health, hair care, skincare, heart health, and more.
Hims & Hers is a public company, traded on the NYSE under the ticker symbol “HIMS”. To learn more about the brand and offerings, you can visit hims.com and forhers.com, or visit our investor site. For information on the company’s outstanding benefits, culture, and its talent-first flexible/remote work approach, see below and visit www.hims.com/careers-professionals.
About the Role:
Hims is seeking a seasoned writer with a love for the mechanics of SEO, and an ability to approach complex health topics with humanity and compassion.
When you write an article, are you approaching it from the perspective of the real human being behind the search query, while also nerding out on the keyword strategy? Are you fascinated by obscure medical topics? Do you love breaking down intimidating doctor speak for a reader who’s probably a bit nervous about even typing their search into Google?
Are you also seriously passionate about everything men’s health and wellness?
If so, we want to connect!
Specifically, we’re looking for a blog writer to lead our editorial work in the Hims space.
The successful writer will be nimble, collaborative, and extremely passionate about health and wellness.
You’re up to the challenge of captivating, informing, and soothing the jangled nerves of our readers while also fundamentally understanding how editorial decisions will impact Google’s perceptions of our Expertise and Authority.
You’re obsessed with seeing your articles succeed, and always looking for ways to help make search engines pay attention. You have a keen eye for everything that builds trust in a brand.
You’re adept at keeping up with hard deadlines, making pivots on the fly, and researching sometimes technical data (and distilling it into easily digestible bits of writing).
You’re skilled at summarizing and interpreting notes from strategists, editors, and medical reviewers to make each article the most compelling, technically accurate piece of info a discerning Googler could ask for.
We’re changing the way folks think about their healthcare — and that starts with a little handholding, a lot of expertise, and endless compassion for our customers.
These articles will be most peoples’ first touchpoint with the brand, so smart, accessible, authoritative and engaging content is key to starting that journey on the right foot.
- Write compelling, accessible, authoritative content across the Hims & Hers blogs consistent with content briefs and medical research packets provided for each assignment by our in-house editorial and SEO teams.
- Write complete articles that include a mix of footnotes, reference lists and a comprehensive SEO report (Experience with Frase, Clearscope, etc. a plus).
- Be an advocate for brand authority, using tone guidelines to inform writing from a high level.
- Distill medically complex information to easily digestible action items for the everyday reader.
- Revise work as necessary based on feedback from editorial, SEO and medical reviewers.
- 5+ years editorial experience, preferably for both brands and publishers, preference for publishers with a strong SEO strategy.
- Excellent time management and ability to make weekly deadlines.
- Proven track record writing excellent content about a variety of topics.
- Strong creative, conversational writing style.
- Experience using insights and strategic thinking to shape priorities.
- Experience driving complex projects in a fast-paced environment.
Nice to Have Experience:
- Experience writing in the medical space preferred
- Strong preference for writers with expertise in the beauty/hair care/sexual health space.
Our Benefits (there are more but here are some highlights):
- Competitive salary & equity compensation for full-time roles
- Unlimited PTO, company holidays, and quarterly mental health days
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental & vision, and parental leave
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Employee discounts on hims & hers & Apostrophe online products
- 401k benefits with employer matching contribution
- Offsite team retreats
H&H also offers a comprehensive Total Rewards package that includes equity grants of restricted stock (RSU’s) so that H&H employees own a piece of our company.
The actual amount will take into account a range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to, skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, and location.
Consult with your Recruiter during any potential screening to determine a more targeted range based on the job-related factors. We don’t ever want the pay range to act as a deterrent from you applying!
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Hims is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Hims considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Hims & hers is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not send resumes to this email address.