Hims & Hers Health, Inc. (better known as Hims & Hers) is the leading health and wellness platform, on a mission to help the world feel great through the power of better health. We are revolutionizing telehealth for providers and their patients alike. Making personalized solutions accessible is of paramount importance to Hims & Hers and we are focused on continued innovation in this space. Hims & Hers offers nonprescription products and access to highly personalized prescription solutions for a variety of conditions related to mental health, sexual health, hair care, skincare, heart health, and more.
Hims & Hers is a public company, traded on the NYSE under the ticker symbol “HIMS”. To learn more about the brand and offerings, you can visit hims.com and forhers.com, or visit our investor site. For information on the company’s outstanding benefits, culture, and its talent-first flexible/remote work approach, see below and visit www.hims.com/careers-professionals.
About the Role:
Hims & Hers seeks an experienced, self-motivated, and results-driven Manager of Engineering, Frontend. The candidate must be a leader, have a strong process architecture mindset and system implementation experience, and have the ability to grow engineering teams. In this role, you will work closely with product managers, executives, and business sponsors to deliver systems, process, and platform solutions to meet hims & hers business needs for our e-commerce operations. You will also be instrumental in ensuring our frontend systems are robust, scalable, and user-friendly.
- Develop the long-term vision and strategy for the frontend platform engineering team, prioritize accordingly, and create an execution roadmap
- Manage processes to help the team do its best work and engage effectively with the rest of Hims & Hers engineering groups
- Support multi-functional global projects with a constant eye on scalability
- Work cross-functionally to identify, recommend, and implement technology improvements
- Ensure rigorous assurance of platforms in an agile environment
- Help drive prioritization and tradeoffs in defining the product roadmap
- Deliver high-quality outcomes in a fast-paced and dynamic company
- Lead, motivate, and develop engineering team
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in software engineering and leading teams
- Experience in designing, building, and scaling web platforms
- Strong understanding of modern frontend architectural strategies such as micro-frontends, SSR (hydration), server-side components, etc
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to translate technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field
- Must be a "self-starter" with a can-do attitude and execution mindset
- Strong business acumen with the ability to see "big picture" and strategize
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to work effectively with business unit
Our Benefits (there are more but here are some highlights):
- Competitive salary & equity compensation for full-time roles
- Unlimited PTO, company holidays, and quarterly mental health days
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental & vision, and parental leave
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Employee discounts on hims & hers & Apostrophe online products
- 401k benefits with employer matching contribution
- Offsite team retreats
H&H also offers a comprehensive Total Rewards package that includes equity grants of restricted stock (RSU’s) so that H&H employees own a piece of our company.
The actual amount will take into account a range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to, skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, and location.
Consult with your Recruiter during any potential screening to determine a more targeted range based on the job-related factors. We don’t ever want the pay range to act as a deterrent from you applying!
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Hims is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Hims considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Hims & hers is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not send resumes to this email address.