Hims & Hers Health, Inc. (better known as Hims & Hers) is a multi-specialty telehealth platform building a virtual front door to the healthcare system. We connect consumers to licensed healthcare professionals, enabling people to access high-quality medical care—from wherever is most convenient—for numerous conditions related to sexual health, hair care, mental health, skincare, primary care, and more.
With products and services available across all 50 states and Washington, D.C., Hims & Hers is on a mission to help the world feel great through the power of better health. We believe how you feel in your body and mind transforms how you show up in life. That’s why we’re building a future where nothing stands in the way of harnessing this power. We normalize health & wellness challenges—and innovate on their solutions—to make feeling happy and healthy easy to achieve. No two people are the same, so we provide access to personalized care designed for results. At our core, our mission is deeply personal—because we too are customers.
In January 2021, the company was listed on the NYSE and is traded under the ticker symbol “HIMS”. To learn more about our brand and offerings, you can visit forhims.com and forhers.com.
About the job:
Hims & Hers is looking for Senior Software Engineers to join our EMR (Electronic Medical Record) team. You will be creating the software that connects our patients to our medical providers. This software allows Clinicians to communicate with patients, see their medical history and any relevant information to make an informed decision for treatment. We primarily use Kotlin, Postgres, and a growing list of AWS services but are open to candidates from other stacks. You will report to the Director of Engineering, EMR.
- Build backend services that power our telehealth platform
- Brainstorm features with product managers and designers and guide decisions based on your knowledge of the codebase
- Review code and have your code reviewed
- Mentor and be mentored by other engineers
- Actively participate in retrospectives and help drive continuous improvement in our process and culture
- 5+ years experience as a software engineer, shipping production code
- Proficiency in writing distributed services using Java, Kotlin, and/or PostgreSQL
Our Benefits (there are more but here are some highlights):
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- An inclusive culture where we are always seeking improvement and cherish your input
- Great compensation package with equity compensation
- Unlimited PTO (10 holidays off), Mental Health days (1 day off per quarter)
- Generous Parental Leave
- High-coverage medical, dental & vision
- Mental health & wellness benefits
- Offsite team retreats
- Access to Amazon HIMS Store to order any additional equipment to ensure you have the gear you need
- Employee discounts on hims & hers & Apostrophe online products, and Apple Store
- $75 monthly connectivity stipend (phone/internet)
- 401k Match
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Hims is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Hims considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Outlined below is a reasonable estimate of H&H’s compensation range for this role.
An estimate of the current salary range is $125,000 - $175,000 H&H also offers a comprehensive Total Rewards package that includes equity grants of restricted stock (RSU’s) so that H&H employees own a piece of our company.
The actual amount will take into account a range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to, skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, and location.
Consult with your Recruiter during any potential screening to determine a more targeted range based on the job-related factors. We don’t ever want the pay range to act as a deterrent from you applying!