Hims & Hers Health, Inc. (better known as Hims & Hers) is a multi-specialty telehealth platform building a virtual front door to the healthcare system. Hims & Hers connects consumers to licensed healthcare professionals, enabling people to access high-quality medical care—from wherever is most convenient—for numerous conditions related to primary care, mental health, sexual health, skincare, and more. Launched in November 2017, the platform also offers thoughtfully created and curated health and wellness products. With products and services available across all 50 states and Washington, D.C., Hims & Hers’ mission is to make it easier for all Americans to access affordable care and treatment for conditions that impact their daily lives. In January 2021, the company was listed on the NYSE at an initial valuation of $1.6 billion and is traded under the ticker symbol “HIMS”. To learn more about our brand and offerings, you can visit forhims.com and forhers.com.
About the Role:
The Head of Corporate Communications is a fully remote position that will be responsible for designing a world class communications strategy to help partners, investors and customers connect with the company’s mission, values, and brand. The Head of Corporate Communications will be a key member of the of Hims & Hers communication team, reporting directly to the CCO. This senior leader will be responsible for corporate communications, executive thought leadership, financial communications, and impact communications, partnering closely with the CEO and CFO as well as finance, legal and strategy functions.
- Build a proactive, integrated communications strategy and narratives that increase appreciation for Hims & Hers’ unique business model, targeting business press, financial press, and ultimately investor and analyst community
- Develop and drive communications efforts spanning financial reporting, business initiatives, corporate social responsibility and executive communications, identifying key issues, messaging to external stakeholders and opportunities for Hims & Hers
- Develop a range of communication materials including messaging, scripts, press releases and media statements in partnership with stakeholders internally and externally
- Work closely with CEO, CFO, COO, CGO, and VP Investor Relations and VP of Public Affairs to shape the narrative showcasing Hims & Hers for key financial audiences and business influencers
- Regularly engage with business/financial media and other external stakeholders
- Act as a strategic advisor through crises, driving the company towards effective communications strategies and flawless execution
- Support internal communications with strategy and execution of financial updates and support rollout and update of key internal documents and communication to employees
- Compose, research and edit communications materials including press pitches, press releases, blogs, talking points and speeches/presentations for executives which speak to the state of the company.
- Lead development of company spokespeople for media engagements
- Stay current and inform key stakeholders of competitive intelligence and marketplace opportunities and challenges.
Experience & Skills:
- 15 plus years of experience in corporate communications, financial and crisis communications with significant experience in fast-paced, consumer-facing, public companies
- Proven track record of building and advancing groundbreaking narratives, demonstrating strong business momentum
- Outstanding and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to manage crisis situations as well reduce risk through effective preparation
- Experience executing media campaigns, building relationships with media and working with executives
- Deep track record working through complex, dynamic organizations
- Strong media relationships and able to work effectively with external agencies
- Knowledge of public-policy, as well as operating within a regulated industry is preferred
- Entrepreneurial and proactive thinker who is able to hit the ground running and manage up
Outlined below is a reasonable estimate of H&H’s compensation range for this role.
An estimate of the current salary range is $150,000 - $250,000. H&H also offers a comprehensive Total Rewards package that includes equity grants of restricted stock (RSU’s) so that H&H employees own a piece of our company. The actual amount will take into account a range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to, skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, and location.
Consult with your Recruiter during any potential screening to determine a more targeted range based on the job-related factors. We don’t ever want the pay range to act as a deterrent from you applying!
Hims is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Hims considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.