Hims & Hers Health, Inc. (better known as Hims & Hers) is a multi-specialty telehealth platform building a virtual front door to the healthcare system. Hims & Hers connects consumers to licensed healthcare professionals, enabling people to access high-quality medical care—from wherever is most convenient—for numerous conditions related to primary care, mental health, sexual health, skincare, and more. Launched in November 2017, the platform also offers thoughtfully created and curated health and wellness products. With products and services available across all 50 states and Washington, D.C., Hims & Hers’ mission is to make it easier for all Americans to access affordable care and treatment for conditions that impact their daily lives. In January 2021, the company was listed on the NYSE at an initial valuation of $1.6 billion and is traded under the ticker symbol “HIMS”. To learn more about our brand and offerings, you can visit forhims.com and forhers.com.
Hims & Hers is seeking an experienced researcher to join our Customer & Product Insights team. The Insights team acts as the voice of the customer and a successful candidate will be passionate about advocating for the consumer while also having a business, growth and product-focused perspective. In this role, this individual will work with cross-functional teams to understand key objectives, design high-quality, creative research approaches, analyze multiple data sources, and share-out key insights and recommendations. This individual should be comfortable moderating sensitive healthcare topics (such as mental health, erectile dysfunction, hair loss, etc.) and presenting out results to external and internal stakeholders of all levels. Experience with digital product research, whether client-side or at an agency, is important to this role. This individual will be part of a small but mighty Insights team and should have a ‘roll up your sleeves’ approach to research.
- Lead and support on a variety of research initiatives, including user experience (UX) research, user personas and journeys, digital experience, CX, foundational understanding, competitive landscape, whitespace identification, segmentation, new category launches, product development, etc.
- Partner with stakeholders from Marketing, Innovation, Product Marketing, Creative, Brand, Engineering, Product Management, etc. to understand their priorities and objectives
- Translate product and business needs into research approaches, design methodologies, manage recruitment, facilitate and moderate
- Analyze and synthesize multiple data sources, determine the key insights and identify business implications and recommendations
- Socialize the consumer voice and user experience in creative ways and through excellent storytelling and presentations
Experience & Skills:
- 5+ years experience in consumer, product or user research using a variety of qualitative and quantitative methodologies
- 2+ years experience working at a digital product-led organizations or working for digital product-led clients on the agency side
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative research methods and techniques, such as online surveys, user/usability testing, focus groups, IDIs, ethnographies, etc.
- Understanding of research industry best practices and comfort with weighing the pros and cons of different research approaches
- Experience designing, conducting and analyzing qualitative and quantitative surveys
- Familiarity with standard research tools (SurveyMonkey, Qualtrics, User Testing, etc.)
- Excellent storyteller with a successful track record of identifying product-focused insights and implications that lead to increased conversion, acquisition, and retention
- Comfort-level moderating and presenting on sensitive health topics (e.g. mental health, ED, hair loss, etc.)
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Hims is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Hims considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.