Hims & Hers Health, Inc. (better known as Hims & Hers) is a multi-specialty telehealth platform building a virtual front door to the healthcare system. Hims & Hers connects consumers to licensed healthcare professionals, enabling people to access high-quality medical care—from wherever is most convenient—for numerous conditions related to primary care, mental health, sexual health, skincare, and more. Launched in November 2017, the platform also offers thoughtfully created and curated health and wellness products. With products and services available across all 50 states and Washington, D.C., Hims & Hers’ mission is to make it easier for all Americans to access affordable care and treatment for conditions that impact their daily lives. In January 2021, the company was listed on the NYSE at an initial valuation of $1.6 billion and is traded under the ticker symbol “HIMS”. To learn more about our brand and offerings, you can visit forhims.com and forhers.com.
As Director of Engineering (Frontend), you will lead and own the future state of our frontend engineering and the feature roadmap. You will build the team, enable data-informed decision-making, and streamline the functioning of a high-tempo e-commerce/telehealth operation.
Our ideal candidate will have several years of experience managing engineers, recruiting and retaining technical talent, have strong consumer facing industry experience and have a strong background in software architecture, data engineering, performance driven code, metrics, quarterly roadmaps, tools selection and competitive analysis.
This is what you’ll do:
- Ownership of sprints and deadlines – make sure that task/project scoping and deliverables are clear, and projects are prioritized with stakeholder input
- Be a thought partner with the analytics team to evaluate long-term infrastructure projects: A/B testing engine, eCommerce platform, and more
- Own high-level strategy and roadmaps for frontend engineering and customer features and projects
- Build our front-end teams to tackle the challenges of a fast moving, modern e-commerce and telehealth business
- Collaborate with the Product team to develop the customer tech strategy and roadmap to deliver on hims & hers strategic goals
- Lead the Technology teams, including:
- Categories team
- Storefront team
- Content team
- Web performance
- Partner with Marketing and eCommerce to create, evaluate, and execute on opportunities to continuously evolve and develop the way we connect with our customers
- Provide leadership, direction, and mentoring to direct reports and the broader Engineering team in an agile environment
- Partner with the People Team to build a diverse pipeline of engineers and people managers to serve organization's talent needs
- Supervise ongoing architecture evolution in a modern internet setup (React and React Native)
- Ensure that page speed KPIs and other customer-experience metrics are designed properly and are being used to measure and govern tech work in a way that makes sense for the business
Our dream candidate has…
- 10+ years of software engineering experience, with at least 5 years in managing teams
- Significant experience building, managing, and motivating engineering organizations, ideally of 25+ people
- Strong understanding of how to design an effective engineering organization and its workstreams
- Has empathy for the value of continuous deployment and long-term stability
- Has experience building teams and leveraging outside resources
- Has a degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Has a deep understanding of software engineering, browsers, and modern tooling
- Is experienced in recruiting, hiring, and leading effective software teams
- Has a sturdy technical foundation and was a software engineer working on front-end/full-stack projects in their past career
Hims is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Hims considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.