Hims & Hers Health, Inc. (better known as Hims & Hers) is a multi-specialty telehealth platform building a virtual front door to the healthcare system. Hims & Hers connects consumers to licensed healthcare professionals, enabling people to access high-quality medical care—from wherever is most convenient—for numerous conditions related to primary care, mental health, sexual health, skincare, and more. Launched in November 2017, the platform also offers thoughtfully created and curated health and wellness products. With products and services available across all 50 states and Washington, D.C., Hims & Hers’ mission is to make it easier for all Americans to access affordable care and treatment for conditions that impact their daily lives. In January 2021, the company was listed on the NYSE at an initial valuation of $1.6 billion and is traded under the ticker symbol “HIMS”. To learn more about our brand and offerings, you can visit forhims.com and forhers.com.
We are looking for an experienced Sr. Packaging Copywriter to join the creative team, leading copy for our physical products. They will report to the Director of Copy and work lockstep with our Design Director, Packaging. This dynamic role requires a strong visual thinker who can execute verbally and work collaboratively with other stakeholders such as designers, art directors, editors, and external vendors.
The Sr. Packaging Copywriter should have a strong grammatical sense and eye for detail, while being able to see the big picture, bringing the Hims & Hers brands to life for products sold D2C as well as in retail. As a senior member of the creative team, you’ll be proactive in bringing ideas to help us improve our product packaging strategy.
- Develop all copy for packaging needs across all products and brands, including supplemental material such as usage guides, product marketing collateral, etc.
- Work closely and flexibly with design, brand, and production in development
- Use your expertise as an insight-driven storyteller to elevate every asset you touch
- Be ruthless when it comes to editing, grammar, and proofreading techniques
- Follow and champion brand and content guidelines
- Be thoughtful of the role of copy in all customer touchpoints like shipping materials, unboxing experience, product packaging and product itself
- Translate visual thinking into the written word for targeted audiences
- Deliver complete, quality copy on time and in an organized manner
Experience & Skills:
- 5+ years experience in packaging copywriting specifically
- Ability to develop packaging and collateral while championing brand voice, tone, and direction
- Experience collaborating with designers and multiple stakeholders
- Experience using insights and strategic thinking to influence stakeholders
- Ability to communicate thinking and present creative to all levels of the organization
- Experience driving multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Eagerness to be hands-on, proactive, and solutions-oriented
- In-depth understanding of the healthcare, wellness, or CPG industry a plus
- Comfortable with working in an iterative manner
- Experience with products that live in retail as well as D2C
- Have worked with and in partnership with designers