Hims & Hers Health, Inc. (better known as Hims & Hers) is a multi-specialty telehealth platform building a virtual front door to the healthcare system. Hims & Hers connects consumers to licensed healthcare professionals, enabling people to access high-quality medical care—from wherever is most convenient—for numerous conditions related to primary care, mental health, sexual health, skincare, and more. Launched in November 2017, the platform also offers thoughtfully created and curated health and wellness products. With products and services available across all 50 states and Washington, D.C., Hims & Hers’ mission is to make it easier for all Americans to access affordable care and treatment for conditions that impact their daily lives. In January 2021, the company was listed on the NYSE at an initial valuation of $1.6 billion and is traded under the ticker symbol “HIMS”. To learn more about our brand and offerings, you can visit forhims.com and forhers.com.
The Accounting team manages month-end close processes for multiple subsidiaries, annual audit in compliance with PCAOB standards, regulatory compliance matters and day-to-day accounting operations. The Director, GL and Close will be a key leader in the accounting department, driving the month-end close process, general ledger accuracy and timely internal reporting.
- Drive month-end close work plan and timeline, ensuring timely and accurate delivery of monthly financial statements
- Perform detailed review of reconciliations and journal entries and supervise the work performed by GL/ Close team
- Manage preparation of an internal reporting package
- Collaborate with various departments and streamline processes in order to shorten month-end close reporting timelines
- Continuously improve accounting processes, systems, and documentation, ensuring adherence to public company Sarbanes-Oxley Act compliance requirements and testing
- Monitor and analyze accounting data and produce financial reports
- Help document, implement, and maintain appropriate accounting policies and training documents
- Develop staff by managing performance, setting goals, providing ongoing training, and maintaining strong employee relationships
- Lead key work streams for annual audits, delivering accurate PBCs and ensuring audit is completed in a timely manner
- Drive resolution to complex accounting issues
- Identify opportunities for process improvements; suggest and implement improvements to scale and automate manual procedures and computations
- Restructure responsibilities and simplify processes to maximize month-end close tasks performed by the offshore accounting function
- Assist management in completing special projects and analyses on an ad-hoc basis
Experience and Skills:
- 10+ years of experience in the accounting profession required, with minimum of 5 years in public accounting required
- CPA required
- Direct experience with managing close in a publicly traded company
- Direct experience with PCAOB standards and SOX requirements
- BA or BS degree from top ranking university, in accounting, business administration or economics required
- Top level critical thinking and analytical skills
- Detail-oriented and exceptionally organized
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think through complex problems, determine proper processes, and derive accounting conclusions and present results to the team
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, and manage projects/tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to be a team player, and ability to work well in both In-Person & Remote work environments
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Hims is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Hims considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.