Hims & Hers Health, Inc. (better known as Hims & Hers) is a multi-specialty telehealth platform building a virtual front door to the healthcare system. Hims & Hers connects consumers to licensed healthcare professionals, enabling people to access high-quality medical care—from wherever is most convenient—for numerous conditions related to primary care, mental health, sexual health, skincare, and more. Launched in November 2017, the platform also offers thoughtfully created and curated health and wellness products. With products and services available across all 50 states and Washington, D.C., Hims & Hers’ mission is to make it easier for all Americans to access affordable care and treatment for conditions that impact their daily lives. In January 2021, the company was listed on the NYSE at an initial valuation of $1.6 billion and is traded under the ticker symbol “HIMS”. To learn more about our brand and offerings, you can visit forhims.com and forhers.com.
Director of Medical Payer Strategy is responsible for coordination of payer engagement efforts, ongoing account management to meet financial goals, and provide functional expertise and knowledge to support the organization’s strategy.
- Establish impactful relationships with leadership, key decision makers, technology assessment groups, and other administrators within targeted regional payers
- Support pre-contract analysis activities and identify appropriate contracting opportunities to include business case
- Negotiate contractual agreements and lead all coordination of pull-through activities
- Demonstrate in depth knowledge of medical consumers to negotiate innovative value-based propositions and strategic pricing agreements
- Develop and lead compelling payer value propositions that communicate clinical, economic, and overall value of hims products
- Facilitate discussions and other interactions to drive positive medical coverage policies at hims
- Perform contract reviews with team members as needed to monitor progress of KPI measures
- Assist in the development of assets and tools for payer communication and engagement
- Keeps abreast of scientific, health economic and payer policy through conferences and/or medical literature and acts as a subject matter expert to cross functional stakeholders
- Responsible for compliance with applicable corporate and divisional policies and procedures
- Responsible for understanding the legal and regulatory requirements as well as, the healthcare landscape and accountable for complying with those requirements
- Serves as the scientific team interface for key regulatory and legal discussions
- Monitor market landscape and provide strategic recommendations to cross functional stakeholders
Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree required
- 8+ years negotiating medical contracts with national and regional payers
- 5+ years of healthcare leadership experience
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Advanced/Master’s degree preferred
- Experience negotiating for medical groups, hospitals or telehealth companies for payer contracts preferred
- Previous experience in DTC/Pharmaceuticals preferred
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Hims is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Hims considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.