About Us: Hims & Hers Health, Inc. (better known as Hims & Hers) is a multi-specialty telehealth platform building a virtual front door to the healthcare system. Hims & Hers connects consumers to licensed healthcare professionals, enabling people to access high-quality medical care—from wherever is most convenient—for numerous conditions related to primary care, mental health, sexual health, skincare, and more. Launched in November 2017, the platform also offers thoughtfully created and curated health and wellness products. With products and services available across all 50 states and Washington, D.C., Hims & Hers’ mission is to make it easier for all Americans to access affordable care and treatment for conditions that impact their daily lives. In January 2021, the company was listed on the NYSE at an initial valuation of $1.6 billion and is traded under the ticker symbol “HIMS”. To learn more about our brand and offerings, you can visit forhims.com and forhers.com.
Hims and Hers is looking for a hands-on Accounting team member to support all public company reporting and compliance functions. This position will be a dynamic role and assist with establishing and streamlining SEC reporting, implementing the first year Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) program, and developing public company technical accounting policies.
- Assist with preparation of the quarterly and annual required SEC filings including preparation of supporting documentation and implementation and management of SEC reporting software
- Assist with XBRL tagging and review
- Assist with the preparation of stock-based compensation accounting, earnings per share and other equity accounting analyses
- With assistance of a Big 4 accounting firm, supplement internal efforts of implementing the first year
- Perform technical accounting research and prepare technical accounting memos with guidance
- Assist in interpretation of new GAAP and SEC rules and regulations and their potential effect on the business including preparation of accounting analysis memos and calculations
- Assist with the documentation and maintenance of corporate accounting policies
- Coordinate with external auditors regarding the financial audit as well as controls testing
Experience & Skills:
- CPA required
- Strong communication skills required
- Able to effectively communicate in a clear and concise manner including strong written skills
- Strong attention to details
- Ability to multi-task and handle several deadlines simultaneously
- Ability to work well in a remote environment
Preferred Experience & Skills:
- 5+ years of relevant experience, including minimum of 4 years in a Big 4 public accounting firm
- Direct experience with the SEC registrants and technical accounting
- Direct experience with PCAOB standards and SOX requirements
- Experience with external auditing process
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.