About Us: Hims & Hers Health, Inc. (better known as Hims & Hers) is a multi-specialty telehealth platform building a virtual front door to the healthcare system. Hims & Hers connects consumers to licensed healthcare professionals, enabling people to access high-quality medical care—from wherever is most convenient—for numerous conditions related to primary care, mental health, sexual health, skincare, and more. Launched in November 2017, the platform also offers thoughtfully created and curated health and wellness products. With products and services available across all 50 states and Washington, D.C., Hims & Hers’ mission is to make it easier for all Americans to access affordable care and treatment for conditions that impact their daily lives. In January 2021, the company was listed on the NYSE at an initial valuation of $1.6 billion and is traded under the ticker symbol “HIMS”. To learn more about our brand and offerings, you can visit forhims.com and forhers.com.
Hims and Hers is seeking an experienced researcher to join our Consumer & Product Insights team. The Insights team acts as the voice of the customer and supports decision making for product, design, marketing and strategy. The successful candidate will be passionate about advocating for the consumer while also having a business, growth and product-focused perspective. This individual should be skilled at both qualitative and quantitative research. In this role, this individual will work with cross-functional teams to understand key objectives, design high-quality, creative research approaches, analyze multiple data sources, and share-out key insights and recommendations. This individual should be comfortable moderating sensitive healthcare topics (such as mental health, erectile dysfunction, hair loss, etc.) and presenting results to external and internal stakeholders of all levels. This individual will be part of a small but mighty Insights team and should have a ‘roll up your sleeves’ approach to research.
- Passion for advocating for the consumer, sharing the consumer voice throughout the organization, and participating in creating the best possible experiences for them
- Lead and support on a variety of research initiatives, including user experience research, user personas and journeys, digital experience, CX, foundational understanding, competitive landscape, whitespace identification, segmentation, new category launches, product development, etc.
- Partner with stakeholders from Merchandising, Marketing, Product Marketing, Creative, Engineering, Product Management, etc. to understand their priorities and objectives
- Translate product and business needs into research approaches, design methodologies, manage recruitment, facilitate and moderate
- Analyze and synthesize multiple data sources, determine the key insights and identify business implications and recommendations
- Socialize the consumer voice and user experience in creative ways and through excellent storytelling and presentations
- Manage multiple requests, deadlines and deliverables in a fast-paced environment
- Collaborate in developing the Insights function, democratizing Insights, educating on and building awareness of Insights
Experience & Skills:
- 5+ years experience in consumer, product or user research using a variety of qualitative and quantitative methodologies
- 2+ years experience working at a product-led organizations (or working for product-led clients on the agency side)
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative research methods and techniques, such as online surveys, user/usability testing, focus groups, IDIs, ethnographies, etc.
- Understanding of research industry best practices and comfort with weighing the pros and cons of different research approaches
- Experience designing, conducting and analyzing qualitative consumer research
- Experience designing, programming and analyzing quantitative surveys
- Incredible organization skills and attention to detail
- Familiarity with standard research tools (SurveyMonkey, Qualtrics, User Testing, etc.)
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Excellent storyteller with a successful track record of identifying product-focused insights and implications that lead to increased conversion, acquisition, and retention
- Ability to prioritize, communicate when support is needed, and navigate competing priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build great relationships with stakeholders
- Comfort-level moderating and presenting on sensitive health topics (e.g. mental health, ED, hair loss, etc.)
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- In-depth understanding of the healthcare, wellness, or CPG industry
- Experience with more advanced quantitative techniques and analysis (van westendorp, maxdiff, conjoint, etc.)
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.