Hims and Hers offers a modern approach to health and wellness. Our mission is to eliminate stigmas and make it easier for people to access care and treatment for the conditions that impact their daily lives. That starts with creating an open and honest culture of care that is accessible for everyone, no matter who you are or where you live. Since launching in November 2017, we’ve raised over $200MM in funding and are one of the fastest growing direct-to-consumer brands in history.
The Accounting team manages month-end close processes for multiple subsidiaries, annual audit in compliance with GAAP standards, regulatory compliance matters and day-to-day accounting operations. To support the recent opening of our own Pharmacy/Fulfillment Center and its operations, we have created a new role for an Inventory Accounting Associate based in Columbus, OH. This position will manage month-end close processes for the Pharmacy/Fulfillment Center operations, cost-accounting inventory processes for RX and non-RX inventory, inventory transfers and receipts into Pharmacy/Fulfillment Center, reconciliation of outbound shipments to customers and reconciliation of inventory counts. This role will work closely with hims & hers Operations team.
- Own key the month-end close processes for the Pharmacy/Fulfillment Center general ledger, including necessary close procedures, account reconciliations and posting of manual journal entries, in a timely and accurate manner
- Assist with inventory cost accounting for own Pharmacy/Fulfillment Center, closely working on developing new processes and procedures in partnership with the Accounting and Operations teams to manage the accuracy of inventory and inventory related accounts
- On a weekly basis, reconcile inventory receipts and adjustments, validating activity to supporting documents and investigating discrepancies on as needed basis
- Review and reconcile inventory counts, cycle counts and year-end wall-to-wall count results
- Reconcile outbound shipments between warehouse management system and order management system
- Assist with managing accounting systems and integrations with operations systems impacting Pharmacy/ Fulfillment Center
- Assist with process improvements, system automations and cross-functional coordination to enable accurate and timely record-keeping for impacting Pharmacy/ Fulfillment Center operations
- Assist with ad-hoc reporting related to Inventory Operations, Fulfillment Center operations, as well as other analysis necessary for Internal and External Reporting
Experience & Skills:
- 2+ years of experience in the accounting profession, including experience with inventory accounting strongly preferred
- BA or BS degree in accounting, business administration or economics strongly preferred
- Public accounting experience strongly preferred
- Top level critical thinking and analytical skills
- Detail-oriented and exceptionally organized
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think through complex problems, determine proper processes, and derive accounting conclusions and present results to the team
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, and manage projects/tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to be a team player, and ability to work well in both In-Person & Remote work environments
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.