Hims and Hers offers a modern approach to health and wellness. Our mission is to eliminate stigmas and make it easier for people to access care and treatment for the conditions that impact their daily lives. That starts with creating an open and honest culture of care that is accessible for everyone, no matter who you are or where you live. Since launching in November 2017, we’ve raised over $200MM in funding and are one of the fastest growing direct-to-consumer brands in history.
Hims and Hers is looking for an experienced, hands-on Accounting senior leader looking to build and own a core function within the accounting department focusing on all aspects of public company reporting and compliance. You will lead projects focusing on establishing and streamlining SEC reporting, implementing the first year Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) program, implementing core systems managing external reporting and compliance, and developing public company technical accounting policies.
- Own and manage the preparation of the quarterly and annual required SEC filings. Partner with finance, legal and operation stakeholders to develop a streamlined, timely and accurate process for SEC filings.
- Implement and manage SEC reporting software
- With assistance of a Big 4 accounting firm, lead all internal efforts of implementing the first year SOX program
- Manage the internal controls projects and programs providing guidance and expertise to ensure continuous improvement of the internal control environment
- Contribute to the design and implementation of best practices and controls around key risk areas. Implement and manage SOX compliance software
- Lead technical accounting research, prepare technical accounting memos and communicate technical accounting conclusions to internal stakeholders and external auditors
- Provide interpretation of new GAAP and SEC rules and regulations and their potential effect on the business
- Ensure clear and concise written documentation of accounting conclusions and accounting policies
- Acts as a liaison between external experts, audit team and internal business leaders relating to significant business transactions
- Drive the analysis and accounting processes to accurately record significant business transactions
- Manage ad-hoc audit and compliance-related projects
Experience & Skills:
- 9+ years of relevant experience, including minimum of 8 years in a Big 4 public accounting firm required
- CPA required
- Direct experience with the SEC registrants and technical accounting relating to public company operations required
- Direct experience with PCAOB standards, SOX requirements and COSO Framework required
- Strong communication skills required. Able to effectively communicate in a clear and concise manner
- Strong project management skills required
- Top level critical thinking and analytical skills
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.