Hims and hers offers a modern approach to health and wellness. Our mission is to eliminate stigmas and make it easier for people to access care and treatment for the conditions that impact their daily lives. That starts with creating an open and honest culture of care that is accessible for everyone, no matter who you are or where you live. Since launching in November2017, we’ve raised over $200MM in funding and are one of the fastest growing direct-to-consumer brands in history.
Hims & Hers is scaling rapidly and the complexity of the product and the organization is increasing. Reporting to the CEO, the successful Chief of Staff will play a key role in driving the CEO’s most critical initiatives with efficiency and speed while maintaining the operational rhythm of the business, owning everything strategy, planning, budgeting, and executive team coordination. The Chief of Staff will set the bar for bias to action and getting things done.
The CoS is neither a ‘shadow’ or a ‘gatekeeper’, but an enabler for increased efficiency and speed of execution. In addition, diving into a particular area or opportunity is encouraged for development. This position isn’t meant to be long-term, but a stepping stone into a leadership role.
- Drive alignment around setting strategy, forming a plan with clear goals and asks, executing and monitoring progress
- Help build a successful and healthy organization: review, design, and execute on improvements to org structure, find knowledge and skills gaps and help address them, design optimal workflows, and align internal processes
- Build a thorough understanding of product, ops, and strategic needs of the company. Based on this, drive the priorities of the CEO through weekly meetings, shaping offsites, and identifying opportunities to increase leadership team effectiveness
- Communicate priorities, activities, and results to the larger organization, while ensuring deliverables are met. Have a strong pulse and feedback loop on organizational needs
- Identify and take on ad hoc strategic projects - everything from defining new opportunities to executing key initiatives, and closing the gaps in business and operations
- Work hand in hand with colleagues on the Finance, Marketing, Medical, Legal, and Operations teams to drive employee satisfaction, recruiting efficiency, training, facilities, etc.. This role will be expected to juggle priorities across different orgs
Experience & Skills
- The ideal candidate has both hands-on experience and a tenured leadership foundation in the following areas: planning & process, product and/or financial planning, organizational change, communications & strategy execution
- Able to comfortably dive into any area of the business or product, understand business needs, and facilitate executive decisions based on changing priorities
- 10+ years experience in a combination of operations, product management, strategy, investment banking, venture capital, operations, supply chain, consulting or an equivalent field. This role requires past experience in managing resourcing/staffing, and having worked directly with the C-suite/VP level on a regular basis
- Proven ability to track, prioritize, and drive multiple concurrent projects to success. This position is expected to utilize data and metrics to communicate needs with the ease of a business unit owner
- Excellent communicator in written and verbal form; ability to work well with executives, and able to lead and influence across multiple levels and multiple functions of an organization
- Entrepreneurial, with high tolerance for ambiguity and complexity, and efficient with limited resources
- Proven experience designing and leading strategic planning at a hyper-growth company
- Financial prowess and ability to create budgets, models, etc.
- A good sounding board for others, with low ego, and ability to anticipate the needs of a busy executive and his/her direct staff
- Highest level of integrity and management of confidential information