Hims and Hers is a health and wellness brand built to make healthcare accessible for all, regardless of gender, insurance status, or location. Since launching in November 2017, we’ve raised over $200MM in funding and are one of the fastest growing direct-to-consumer brands in history. Our mission is to make it easier for people to gain access to care and treatment for the conditions that impact their day-to-day lives, whether that is finding the right birth control, addressing hair loss or skin care issues, or treating a low libido.
The Compliance Manager, Product will be responsible for ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements and internal compliance standards applicable to our products. The Compliance Manager, Product will sit on the compliance team within legal, but will work closely with our product, marketing, creative, and operations teams to balance business objectives with regulatory requirements.
- Conduct review of product claims, labeling and packaging for FDA/FTC compliance, including with respect to claims-testing, substantiation, ingredient review, etc.
- Own claims testing plans and execution for all product categories. Work with product dev to review product briefs and clarify goals/objectives. Outline where claims testing is necessary. Provide testing briefs to product and production with timelines and costs. Source testing labs, coordinate arrival of bulk samples and components, and provide details and interpretations of results to all stakeholders alongside recommendations.
- Own regulatory testing plans for all products in stability and safety. Testing must not just comply with product regulations in our marketed countries but also hold us to a high standard of product quality and safety for our end-users. Outline various testing plans and timelines, coordinate the details of the testing.
- Review all packaging, advertising (digital and physical) and internal/external training materials for technical accuracy and compliance--from the large strokes of the claims, to the details of the ingredient lists; raising flags, finding solutions, and providing input as needed.
- Coordinate with operations on any production QA issues
- Coordinate with design team on label artwork creation and updates to address compliance considerations
- Stay up-to-date on regulatory changes to ensure we remain in compliance
- Ask for support as needed when facing new challenges
- 4 year degree from accredited institution required, degree in a scientific discipline and/or advanced degree (MS or PhD) preferred
- 5+ years of regulatory experience in a compliance or regulatory role
- Multiple combined years of experience in dealing with cosmetics, food supplement and/or prescription drug products
- Top-notch communication skills
- Ability to translate technical requirements into practical advice that also balances business objectives
- Thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment