We are looking for an IACT Israel Engagement Associate to recruit, staff, and lead one of the largest campus-based Israel travel programs in the country. The IACT Israel Engagement Associate will work with a team of students to recruit students to participate in Birthright Israel and our Onward Israel summer internship program in Tel Aviv. This is a student-facing role that will build relationships with students and partner organizations, manage a team of student interns, partner with students and other Hillel professionals to develop and implement strategies to engage students back in campus beyond their Israel program, staff Israel experiences, and coordinate recruitment and preparation of students and staff for UF Hillel’s immersive Israel travel experiences.
What You’ll Do
- Actively strengthen Jewish life at the University of Florida by recruiting 500+ students for Birthright Israel, Onward Israel and other immersive Israel travel experiences each year
- Primary staff for Birthright Israel trips each season; recruit, coordinate and train other UF Hillel Birthright Israel trip staff members
- Opportunity to staff Onward Israel 8-week summer program; continue building relationships with students throughout the summer, ensuring a positive and meaningful Israel experience
- Manage a team of Birthright Israel recruitment interns to reach a large and diverse Jewish student population
- In collaboration with students and colleagues, develop ongoing engagement opportunities for interested program participates and alumni
- Build relationships with a broad range of students through meaningful conversations, connecting them with Jewish life on campus and relevant opportunities
- Utilize data and partner with students and Hillel professionals to ensure a strategic approach to building Jewish life and community on campus
- Participate in weekly supervision meetings with the Chief Experience Officer, as well as weekly staff meetings, and frequent team check-ins and strategy sessions
A Day in the Life
- Facilitating a meeting of Birthright Israel interns, reviewing strategy and reaching out to prospective participants
- Having coffee with a student interested in getting involved in an Israel travel experience, identifying their interests and following up with a connection to a student leader or further information
- Spending time on campus with a few Birthright Interns, recruiting in public spaces
- Meeting with colleagues to discuss Onward Israel and Birthright Israel recruitment and follow-up strategy
- Dedicating time to note your interactions in the database and send follow-up or check-in emails to students
- Supporting a student event in the evening where you meet two students who have not yet been on Birthright Israel and invite them to have coffee next week
What You’ll Bring to the Job
- 1-3 years of professional work experience and a bachelor’s degree
- Confidence initiating and running programs, and comfortable asking questions
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to collaborate across teams of students and colleagues
- An excitement and willingness to not slow down until you have reached your recruitment goal
- A passion for Israel that is contagious, and an enthusiasm to continue developing your own relationship to Judaism and Israel
- Previous experience traveling in Israel
- Understanding that students will connect with Israel in a variety of different ways
What You’ll Receive
- Competitive salary in the nonprofit marketplace, $44,000 in year one.
- A comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, retirement plan, Life, AD&D and Long Term Disability (LTD) insurances, Flexible Spending accounts, generous vacation/sick time, and parental leave
- High-level professional development, mentoring, and skill building opportunities
- A network of terrific colleagues from across the Hillel movement
- Travel regionally and abroad, particularly to Israel
About University of Florida Hillel
With one of the largest Jewish student populations in the country, the opportunities for Jewish life at UF are nearly limitless and UF Hillel strives to operate on a scale capable of meeting this challenge. Hillel provides Jewish students with community and connection through a relationship-focused approach that seeks to ensure every Jewish Gator is inspired to find their own voice and relationship with Judaism.
The University of Florida is a big place with big dreams, a sense of community that spans the globe and unites generations. At UF, our common bond has always been more than a rallying cry. It is born of a steadfast commitment to excellence, and the Jewish Gator Nation will be looking to you to develop strategies that inspire every Jewish student at the University of Florida to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life.
Gainesville is a great place to live with all the offerings of a vibrant college town, including an excellent arts scene, first class medical care and academic health system, SEC sports, and inspired local restaurants. Here culture meets nature with eight state parks, featuring more than 100 miles of trails for biking and hiking, plus crystal-blue freshwater springs. The wide range of offerings, extremely high quality of life, and relatively low cost of living has made Gainesville an increasingly popular destination to live for people of all ages.
University of Florida Hillel is affiliated with Hillel International. Hillel International enriches the lives of Jewish students so they may enrich the Jewish people and the world, and envisions a world where every student is inspired to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel.
About Hillel International
In 1923, Rabbi Benjamin Frankel started Hillel with humble means, a noble mission and a breathtaking vision: to convey Jewish civilization to a new generation. Today, Hillel International continues to enrich the lives of Jewish students and is the largest Jewish campus organization in the world at more than 550 colleges and universities across North America and around the world. As Hillel evolves as an organization, the mission remains steadfast: to create lasting connections with every Jewish student that foster an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning, and Israel and train them to become the next Jewish leaders.
Hillel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an accepting and inclusive environment for all.