Get to know Highwing.
Commercial insurance has trouble using its data, limiting its ability to compete effectively and grow profitably. Highwing helps insurance move faster and go further. Insurance is built from millions of individualized data points about customers, claims, costs, and more. Without these data points, calculating and transferring risk at scale wouldn't be possible. The problem is that data is highly fragmented. Rather than businesses being buoyed by this data, they are drowning in it because there are no easy, reliable connections between systems. Highwing is the first open data platform for Insurance brokers and carriers. Think of us as the digital nervous system for Insurance. We connect data both inside and outside our platform in order to bring efficiency to the procurement of insurance.
What’s it like to work at Highwing?
Our Crew. Our team is composed of experienced designers, engineers and entrepreneurs. We believe software development is a team sport, and the best products are built by teams with diverse backgrounds who are empowered with a high degree of autonomy. We strive for rapid iteration and continuous improvement in both our products themselves and our approaches to building them. We work at a sustainable pace and know from experience that building a lasting product organization is a marathon, not a sprint.
The Highwing Client Success Manager will understand client outcomes through ongoing collection and analysis of data and feedback and turn this into implementation, expansion and retention strategies as well as feed the product roadmap.
You will be involved in all aspects of implementation, support, account management, demonstration of the product, educating users and creating and iterating the processes that support these tasks. You’ll succeed by gaining a comprehensive understanding of business priorities and needs, documenting current state processes, developing and executing on iterative programs that align to strategic business objects and developing measurable ways to engage clients to drive decision making.
Highwing team members use their analytical minds to craft and analyze key performance indicators to track value, usage and drive engagement. You must be comfortable navigating ambiguity, adept at problem solving, effective at communicating, and strong at critical and analytical thinking.
Your Work at Highwing
- You understand client outcomes by communicating with clients, analyzing client health metrics, running NPS and gathering feedback via automated and/or manual methods.
- You will run onboarding and implementation projects in collaboration with the product and engineering teams using a highly communicative and client-centric approach resulting in positive client experiences.
- You’ll serve as the primary resource for the training of Highwing platform end-users and contribute to post go-live support and additional training where necessary. Your goal is to ensure every user gets the most out of the platform today and into the future.
- You will represent the voice of the client to provide input into the product, marketing and sales process.
- You’ll collaborate across the organization to support expansion and renewal opportunities.
- As a member of the client success team you will gauge clients’ levels of engagement with the product/company and provide feedback to the other teams regarding product and service improvements
- You’ll be the main conduit between Highwing and a number of named enterprise broker accounts
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 5+ years working at an insurance agency in a account management, account executive or producer capacity
- Outstanding communication skills with experience working with and managing stakeholders and clients - from desk-level users to executives
- Experience in the insurance software vertical preferred, whether it be with a service provider and/or an insurance provider
- Experience in working in partnership with operations, product, engineering, sales and marketing to deliver client focused solutions and outcomes
- Flexible approach, able to operate effectively with uncertainty and change
- Driven, self-motivated, enthusiastic and with a “can do” attitude
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in the Business, Finance or Communications field, or related field or equivalent experience
Compensation: $65,000 - 95,000, DOE
At this time, we can only consider United States-based applicants with authorization to work in the United States on a permanent, full-time basis; unfortunately, we cannot provide visa sponsorship or remote employment outside of the United States.
Our Core Values
Collaboration. We are playing a team sport. Building a successful enterprise is a team effort. But it is important to distinguish a team dynamic from a family dynamic. Teams thrive on unwavering support, respect and openness – but not unconditional acceptance. Talented jerks have no place on a great team. We consistently challenge each other to improve every day – not only with respect, but with uncommon positivity.
Autonomy. This is not a little kid’s soccer team. We believe extreme autonomy is valuable in not only maintaining happy, productive people, but also in building impactful, innovative products. So we don’t all swarm to the ball. We hire intelligent, diligent, passionate people who are capable of operating in large, sometimes ambiguous problem spaces with a great deal of freedom and decision-making authority. In exchange, we expect everyone to dig in, learn deeply about the space and take initiative every day.
Improvement. “Kaizen” is part of our everyday vocabulary. Our technology, our industry and our clients are always in a constant state of flux. We must regularly evolve with them, or we will quickly fall behind. That’s why we are dedicated to practicing “Kaizen,” the Japanese concept of continuous improvement. This means we are, above all, a learning culture. We approach every problem with a beginner’s mind. We look to improve every part of what we do, every day – from our product to our process and beyond. We always strive to give and receive feedback, even when it is difficult. And we allocate time specifically for learning and reflection, so we can avoid our failures and replicate our successes.
Transparency. Having stake in the business is about more than just equity. We believe the best way to give people stake in the business is to give them full visibility into it. That’s why we share everything transparently, from ongoing client meetings and project statuses to project financials. This allows everyone to see the work they’re doing and understand how that work ladders up, connects and impacts the business. This complete context enables better collaboration, more autonomy and faster improvement.
Empowerment. We believe in leading from behind. We believe great managers should act as resources, not gatekeepers. We keep organizational hierarchy minimal, and use it only as a way to help people achieve their maximum potential. This semi “flat” culture allows anyone in the organization to not only bring radical ideas to the table, but also to pursue them fully, without bureaucratic barriers in the way.
Kindness. Challenge directly, care personally. Kindness doesn’t simply mean being nice. And doesn’t mean avoiding constructive conflict. Kindness to us means challenging ideas with positive intent. It means being intentional, honest and generous with the way we treat one another, our partners, our clients and the world. We are hell bent on building an uncommonly positive and forthright culture, because we believe this form of kindness has the power to transform our work, our business and our industry.
Highwing Benefits Overview
Comprehensive insurance: We provide comprehensive employee and family health insurance and ancillary benefits (life insurance, disability, and more).
Learning & development stipend: We believe in continuous improvement (see above) - this includes you as a person and as a professional. That’s why we provide an annual learning and development stipend that you can use however you see fit to further develop as a professional in your area of expertise or the insurance industry as a whole. Attend conferences, read books, take online learning courses, and more!
Time-off to recharge: We have a generous paid time off policy - take what you need when you need it. And when we say time-off - we really mean time-off - don’t check your emails, don’t reply to Slack - relax and recharge.
Remote work: We’ve created an environment that supports remote work. While we love collaborating with everyone in the office at the same time (and the impromptu happy hours and lunch chats that ensue) - we understand that you may sometimes be more productive at home or in a different environment. We’ve built our team meetings and processes to support you to work your best wherever you see fit whenever you see fit.