Data Warehouses have become the obvious choice for storing your data from various sources, but once the data is stored, making the data actionable for all business units has always been a challenge...until now.
Hightouch was founded on the notion that every business team—sales, marketing, support, success—needs (no, deserves!) access to relevant, accurate, and real-time customer data.
Enter: Hightouch’s Data Activation Platform. With our solution, customers across every business unit can see customer data at the right time, take action on it, and build automations to streamline critical processes while also giving data teams confidence with developer-friendly tooling that helps them control, monitor, and debug their workflows with ease.
Hightouch’s vision is a future where everyone can take action on their data.
Who we are:
Hightouch is based in San Francisco, is remote-friendly, and backed by leading investors such as Amplify Partners, Bain Capital Ventures, Y-Combinator, and ICONIQ.
We are a quickly expanding team and believe in diverse backgrounds. We care less about "years of experience" and more about the impact you are able to make. We value high-trust, low ego, and tons of ownership. You get to control your destiny and shape your future at Hightouch. We’re driven by the delight of our customers and know that our best work comes when we take care of each other and encourage each other to do our best work together.
If you’re excited about having strong internal collaboration, writing quality code, and building products with high customer impact -- this is the place for you!
As an engineering lead on our Platform Engineering team, you will work as a backend focused fullstack engineer as well as provide technical leadership and career mentorship to other team members. Thinking holistically about architecture, scalability, monitoring, and reliability, you’ll build new systems and revamp existing ones, turning our platform infrastructure and services into robust technical systems. You’ll also design projects and approaches that help other team members level up.
How you’ll spend your time:
You’ll split your time between technical lead work (researching, coding, and architecture) and working with other team members (reviewing PRs, mentoring and guiding). Be prepared to manage other team members in their implementation of your architecture. You’ll work on:
- System design, architecture and writing tech specs
- Programming (we mostly use Typescript)
- Reviewing code and providing great feedback while ensuring consistency
- Pair programming with other team members to help mentor and up-level them
We're looking for people with depth in the following areas:
- Have demonstrable impact in a previous engineering role and be an excellent communicator.
- Efficiently write maintainable and correct code. Code should work for all scenarios, and continue to work even when others update it in the future.
- Be able to own production incidents, both by communicating internally and orchestrating the engineering response.
- Can orchestrate complicated deployments. E.g. roll out refactors without breaking existing syncs, minimize risk when rolling out.
- Be accountable for correctness, reliability, and velocity across the entire team.
- Be a bar raiser for the team. You enjoy and get energy from mentoring and growing other team members.
- Proficiency with or ability to quickly learn Typescript.
Some of the problems you’ll work on:
- Help manage our library of over 150+ integrations.
- Think through the similarity and differences of the platforms Hightouch integrates with and the different use cases our customers want solved.
- Build integration frameworks to make it easier to manage our integrations.
- Think through testing frameworks, suites and procedures to ensure each integration is as reliable as the next.
- Design and build the hardest integrations. You should be able to work with product and partnerships to ensure we still deliver a good experience for customers, even when APIs are complicated.
- Debug the hardest bugs. E.g.“why is this random customer sync slow?” or “why does one request in 1000 randomly fail”?
Benefits of Working at Hightouch
- Competitive compensation and equity packages
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible vacation time (Unlimited PTO)