Data Warehouses have become the obvious choice for storing your data from various sources, but once the data is stored, making the data actionable has always been a challenge...until now.
Hightouch provides everything data teams need to put data into action by moving it from your warehouse to the tools your business needs and has become the standard for Reverse ETL, a category we are helping create. Hightouch was founded on the notion that every business team—sales, marketing, support, success—needs relevant, accurate, and real-time customer data in the software they use to talk to customers including CRM, email, and support tools, while giving data teams confidence with developer-friendly tooling that helps them control, monitor, and debug their workflows with ease.
Hightouch is based in San Francisco, is remote-friendly, and backed by leading investors such as Amplify Partners, Bain Capital Ventures, Y-Combinator, and Afore Capital
Who we are:
Hightouch was founded by early engineers at Segment who saw that the future of data and insights revolves around the data warehouse. We are a diverse and quickly expanding team, growing fast and we come from strong data-focused companies. We strongly believe in diverse backgrounds and care less about "years of experience" and more about the impact you are able to make. We value high-trust, low ego, and tons of ownership. You get to control your destiny and shape your future at Hightouch. We’re driven by the delight of our customers and know that our best work comes when we take care of each other and encourage each other to do our best work together.
If you are excited about having strong internal collaboration, writing quality code, and building products with high customer impact -- this is the place for you.
We're looking for a senior engineer who's speciality is in backend and infrastructure, but still has general awareness of frontend programming.
Our ideal engineer is able to think holistically about architecture, scalability, monitoring, and reliability. Though we're an early stage startup, our customers trust us to reliably and securely sync large quantities of data into their downstream tools.
Day to day responsibilities
- Design, build, and ship core features to the Hightouch platform
- Review code changes and design specs from teammates
- Maintain tooling and process for monitoring and observability
- Architect key systems to handle the scale of our increasing customer load
- Mentor and provide guidance to less experienced teammates
We're looking for people with depth of knowledge in the following areas
- Security best practices - proper storing of secrets and access controls
- Queueing and big data systems - Kafka, Flink, Spark
- Monitoring - Prometheus, Datadog
- Storage systems - relational, key-value, and OLAP
- Infrastructure - Linux, bash, Docker, Kubernetes, ECS
Benefits of Working at Hightouch
- Competitive compensation and equity packages
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible vacation time (Unlimited PTO)
- Ownership of your work, and collaboration with a closely-knit team