Founded in 2020 by a team of leaders from Braintree, PayPal, and Lending Club, Highnote is an all in one card issuer processor and program management platform. We give digital-first organizations the flexibility to easily issue and process payment cards that accelerate business growth and profitability.
We’ve raised $104M+ and grown our team to 100+ employees. Headquartered in San Francisco, we’ve managed to build one of the most advanced payments teams in the industry, with team members in 22+ US states.
Operating through our core values of customer obsession, executional excellence, intentional inclusion, we’re helping businesses grow for the future by creating the payment products demanded by tomorrow, with the ability to solve for use cases that don’t exist yet.
We are fast-moving, hands-on, and strongly believe everyone deserves a seat at the table. We believe we’re unlocking incredible opportunities that can change the future of payments, as long as we have the right people to make it happen.
Our Service Infrastructure Team is responsible for building common application services and libraries, supporting service tooling needs and helping ensure the reliability, scalability and quality of the services.
What you’ll be doing
- Building secure, scalable, and cost effective platform that enables product engineering teams at Highnote to iterate fast
- Providing libraries, services and knowledge for other product engineering teams to leverage when building services
- Writing high quality and robustly tested code, mostly in Java
- Working closely with product engineering teams to evolve the platform
What we are looking for
- 6+ years experience building high volume microservices
- A history of writing scalable, performant and maintainable code. We strongly believe languages can be learned and care more about your engineering skill over frameworks
- Experience building out common platform libraries such as logging, configuration, encryption, async etc.
- Experience with Java >= 11, Spring Framework, and gRPC
- Experience with cloud platforms such as GCP or AWS
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and Istio
- Experience with distributed and event-based systems
- Experience with security engineering
- A background in the fintech space
- We’re a startup that allows for our employees to truly build from the ground up and impact every layer of our organization.
- We’re a team of payments obsessed individuals. While some of us come from the fintech world, some of us don’t. We value the varied backgrounds and the diverse perspectives of our employees.
- We’re small on hierarchy and big on growth. We’re a flat organization that allows everyone to have direct exposure to our leadership team. We are looking for builders who thrive in ambiguity.
- We’re backed by Oak HC/FT, Costanoa Ventures, and XYZ Ventures. Angel Investors include Bill Ready (CEO at Pinterest) and Renaud Laplanche (Co-Founder & CEO of Upgrade).
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- 100% healthcare coverage + 75% coverage for dependents
- 401k program
- Up to 16 weeks off for Maternity leave + up to 6 weeks of Paternity leave
- Equity in Highnote
- Stipend to build out your home office; internet and phone reimbursement
- At Highnote we have built a total rewards philosophy that includes fair, equitable, geo-based compensation that is performance and potential based. Our compensation packages are competitive based on robust market research and are a combination of a cash salary, equity, and benefits. In compliance with the Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the annual salary range for applicants is $170,000-$235,000.
Please note that positions located in San Francisco are hybrid and include core working days of Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday in office. We provide flexible work options based on distance from our downtown SF office. Highnote believes in the power of face-to-face, personal connection. As a result, we prioritize in-person candidates.
Highnote is a diverse and inclusive company committed to growing a diverse and inclusive team. We invite people from all backgrounds and identities to apply. We do not discriminate based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by US federal state or local laws, or the laws of the country or jurisdiction where you work. Additionally, we encourage everyone to share which pronouns you wish for us to use when addressing you (i.e.: she/her, he/him, they/them, etc).