Highline is a payments startup that helps billers and lenders accept repayments from their customers' payroll. By automating bill payment from income, consumers can get approved for credit more easily and pay down loans faster without worrying about missed payments and overdraft fees.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us to build a better, more reliable payment method that works for all: consumers, billers, and lenders.
Highline was founded by a team with deep fintech and financial services experience. We are backed by Foundation Capital, Costanoa Ventures, and Jump Capital.
What you’ll be doing
We are seeking a Director of Product to help the business find product market fit and scale successfully. The ideal candidate will be strong in both product execution and engaging with clients. This role will evolve as the business transitions from developing the MVP, to launching our first pilots, to driving growth.
- Engage with customers and internal teams to understand product pain points and opportunities
- Deliver products in a complex and face-paced environment using agile process and experimentation
- Work in a highly collaborative fashion with engineering, design, risk, compliance to drive strategy, propose solutions, write product requirements, define key success metrics, and measure how well you did
- Be data-informed and also customer-centric in your approach
- Develop strong hypotheses about the direction and growth of our business, learn from customer success, and craft our culture of product management
What we are looking for
- 10+ years experience managing technical software products from kick-off to ship
- Degree in a technical or quantitative field (e.g., Computer Science, Economics, Statistics, Sciences, Engineering)
- Technical expertise: Curiosity to dig deep into complex systems and problems and develop innovative solutions
- Entrepreneurial spirit: Self-starter who thrives in a fast paced environment, deals well with ambiguity and focuses on driving impact
- Analytical horsepower: Demonstrated aptitude for digging deep into the data, thinking from first principles, and delivering the best results
- Persuasive communicator, with excellent verbal and written communication skills, capable of presenting complex topics in a way that addresses specific audiences
- Experience at a fast-growing startup in a cross-functional environment
- Join a global team on a mission to revolutionize how people pay bills and access credit
- Mold the culture and journey of a high growth startup
- Have space, autonomy, and resources to do your best work
- Remote-first culture with regular in-person meetups
Highline is a diverse and inclusive company committed to growing a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences.