Highline is a payments startup that helps billers and lenders accept repayments from their customers' payroll. By automating bill payment from income, consumers can get approved for credit more easily and pay down loans faster without worrying about missed payments and overdraft fees.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us to build a better, more reliable payment method that works for all: consumers, billers, and lenders.
Highline was founded by a team with deep fintech and financial services experience. We are backed by Foundation Capital and Costanoa Ventures.
What you’ll be doing
We’re seeking a Backend Engineer to build the infrastructure that powers Highline’s API and systems. You may be a fit if you are passionate about the intersection of hard distributed system problems and real world business problems.
- Design, build, and maintain APIs, services, and systems across Highline’s engineering stack
- Shaping the technical foundation for future new products, sustained growth, and high availability standards
- Deliver architecture and data environment that supports a test and learn approach to business problems
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
- Thinking 2, 3, and 4 steps ahead and planning for both the short and long term
What we are looking for
- At least five years of professional software development experience
- Enjoy and have experience building scalable backend infrastructure
- Experience building high-quality, developer-centric API products
- Experience working with transactional databases and caching systems
- Hold yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems
- Take pride in working on projects to successful completion involving a wide variety of technologies and systems
- [Bonus] Experience working with financial systems and/or startups
Technologies we use:
Golang, Docker, Amazon Web Services, Typescript / React, NextJS, Postgres, Terraform
- Join a global team on a mission to revolutionize how people pay bills and access credit
- Mold the culture and journey of a high growth startup
- Have space, autonomy, and resources to do your best work
- Remote-first culture with regular in-person meetups
Highline is a diverse and inclusive company committed to growing a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences.