Higher Logic is looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer who is excited to help with the continued growth of our platform. The role is heavily focused on React front-end development with the opportunity to dive into back-end development from time to time.
- Work within a multidisciplinary agile team to build and maintain product features, triage and fix bugs.
- Collaborate with other engineers in the same code base, provide and receive detailed feedback in code reviews, and provide mentorship to junior engineers in both technical skills and engineering processes.
- Assist our QA members in developing testing guidance and automated tests.
- Work closely with our UI/UX team to create polished and accessible user interfaces.
- Work closely with our Product team, providing technical feedback for ongoing projects, breaking down tasks, and contributing to the company's product roadmap.
- Work with our front-end technology stack of Typescript, React, SASS, Webpack, etc. You will help the team by keeping libraries up to date and will work to maintain and improve build and deployment processes.
- Work with our backend C#.NET technology stack to facilitate data delivery for front-end consumption.
- Help evolve our customizable theming engine to provide consistent and powerful frontend APIs for our clients.
- Help keep our large frontend applications scale to serve millions of users.
- Use modern technologies and the latest web and accessibility standards to ensure our applications continue to serve millions of users on all of the latest devices and platforms.
- Promote inter-team communication related to your craft on topics such as coding best practices, architecture improvements and emerging technologies.
- Ability to apply and evaluate common programming and software engineering principles.
- Ability to apply and evaluate Object Oriented and Functional programming paradigms.
- Ability to understand and debug complex code that may include race conditions, performance and scalability issues and security and vulnerability issues.
- A strong sense for polished, consistent, and accessible user interfaces.
- 6+ years of professional Web Development experience
- Experience working with React and the React ecosystem (e.g. redux, reactstrap, react-springs, etc).
- Experience working with modern front-end build tools, bundlers, and package managers (e.g. webpack, yarn, etc).
- Experience working with front-end testing frameworks (e.g. jest, karma, fast-check, etc).
- Experience working on accessibility and browser compatibility issues.
- Experience with Modular/Pluggable architectures.
- Experience with RESTful APIs and multitier architecture.
- Working knowledge of Git (e.g. commits, branching, pull/push, etc).
- Strong communication skills and a desire to mentor others.
- Experience with AWS Infrastructure (EC2, S3, etc.)
- Experience with agile processes (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, etc).
- Using or moderating online communities/discussion forums.
- Experience working with a CI/CD process.
- Experience with Docker.
Higher Logic is committed to equal opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Higher Logic is committed to ensuring that its application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please contact us by emailing HRBenefits@higherlogic.com