Higher Ground Education is the parent company of a global network of schools and programs operating under the brands Guidepost Montessori, Academy of Thought and Industry and Prepared Montessorian. Since 2016, our schools have spread the transformative power of Montessori education by opening high-fidelity brick and mortar, virtual schools, home school, learning pods and teacher training worldwide.
Our network of Montessori schools and programs (80 locations and growing, alongside 2000+ staff) is in hyper-growth mode and our suite of digital education offerings are scaling up quickly. We’ve experienced 100% year-over-year revenue growth and now we are looking for a strong marketing manager who is both a big-picture thinker and a hands-on doer with the skills to dive deep, quickly solve problems, and drive clarity that helps to produce strong business outcomes.
We are looking for a seasoned marketing professional who can envision strategy and enjoys getting into the details to brilliantly execute it. You are a marketing general athlete – you understand brand strategy, paid and organic customer acquisition, and enjoy sales funnel optimization. You have a long-term strategic view of marketing and are skilled at leading cross-functional teams to deliver on enrollment growth goals.
This is a critical role on our team, and we’re looking for an individual who is both a strategic thinker and a hands-on doer who enjoys driving business growth through rapid testing and execution. If you’re excited about working in an entrepreneurial environment and solving problems to drive widespread change in education, this role is for you.
The Senior Marketing Manager will drive brand awareness and enrollment growth in one of our emerging product verticals: Prepared Montessorian (PM). The Prepared Montessorian is a Montessori teacher training institute, offering flexible and customizable online courses and diploma offerings to enable parents, caregivers and educators to provide an education for independence for children. The Prepared Montessorian is a global brand with operations in US, China, Philippines, France, and Spain.
You will be joining a talented team of marketers, entrepreneurs and experts in education to level up our marketing and drive ongoing enrollment growth to help the company achieve its mission and goals. This individual will:
- Grow the Prepared Montessorian brand and define a long-term vision:You will become well-versed in our value proposition and create messaging and campaigns that resonate and break through with the target audience. You will play a critical role in defining how PM expands into new global markets, and what is needed to win with consumers. At this level you are expected to lead marketplace analysis and align leadership on recommendations to accelerate awareness and enrollment.
- Become Channel Growth Expert: Be able to strategize across all user acquisition channels. You will partner closely with the growth marketing team and get comfortable with paid acquisition channels (Facebook, Google) and understand our holistic go-to-market strategy. It is your responsibility to unlock growth through new opportunities such as emerging digital and offline channels.
- Guide and Support Program Team in Marketing Efforts: This role will work closely with program leadership to help enable and guide them as extension of our marketing team. A passion for training and the skill-development of others is critical to the success of this role.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Lead the marketing strategy that drives demand for the Prepared Montessorian and develop a GTM plan to successfully grow and support existing and new campuses.
- Directly own quarterly and yearly enrollment growth goals. Execute on strategy to meet and exceed business targets.
- Define the long-term vision for the Prepared Montessorian brand – including brand identity, value proposition, core consumer, acquisition campaigns and communication, and identify growth opportunities as part of GTM plan.
- Provide ongoing analysis of pricing, ad spend and ROI to optimize existing marketing efforts and to unite the cross-functional team behind clear business objectives.
- Work closely with Prepared Montessorian team to provide nuanced marketing plans where needed to support local and global initiatives.
- Interface with stakeholders (Operations, Marketing, Admissions, and School Success) to understand and action on business and program requirements
- Bring ideas to the table for how we continue to grow and optimize our marketing efforts broadly
- Establish The Prepared Montessorian teaching institute as a leader within the adult learning space
We’d love to talk to you if you have…
- 5-8+ year’s professional marketing experience as brand manager, product marketing manager or growth marketing roles in consumer-facing or high-growth start-up organizations
- Strong proficiency in writing and an ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal. While we have an editing team, you will be required to write email or ad copy at times because you will be closest to the product and customer
- Comfortable analyzing data and providing business recommendations
- Proficiency with ad platforms such as Facebook and Google, and other elements of the marketing mix (including traditional and digital channels)
- Ability to lead cross-functional projects and perform detailed analysis of business requirements
- Excellent communication skills, a sense of curiosity, and a good sense of humor
We’d really love to talk to you if you have…
- An obsession with brand building on a global scale
- A passion for building and cultivating communities
- Experience in education or Montessori education, but not essential
- A can-do attitude with a desire to “figure it out” and a passion to grow alongside our marketing team
At Higher Ground, we're driven by a deep desire to bring about widespread change in education today. Since our founding 4 years ago, we have opened 80+ beautiful schools across serving students from birth through high school – now we’re virtual and going global.
- A passionate and supportive team that is hungry to grow and become leaders in our industry
- Fully remote work
- A competitive salary
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- 100% tuition discount for two children at any school within our network
- A network of supportive peers and mentors who regularly share best practices
- Career growth and promotion opportunities