Higher Ground Education is the parent company of a global network of schools and programs operating under the brands Guidepost Montessori, Academy of Thought and Industry and Prepared Montessorian. Since 2016, our schools have spread the transformative power of Montessori education by opening high-fidelity brick and mortar, virtual schools, learning pods and teacher training worldwide.
We are looking for a seasoned marketing professional who can envision strategy and enjoys getting into the details to brilliantly execute it. You understand brand strategy, and have depth paid customer acquisition and sales funnel optimization. You have a long-term strategic view of marketing and are skilled at leading cross-functional teams to deliver on enrollment growth goals.
This is a critical role on our team, and we’re looking for an individual who is both a strategic thinker and a hands-on doer who enjoys driving business growth through rapid testing and execution. If you’re excited about working in an entrepreneurial environment and solving problems to drive widespread change in education, this role is for you.
The Senior Marketing Manager will lead driving growth in one of our emerging product verticals: The Academy of Thought and Industry (ATI). ATI is our network of Montessori-inspired schools serving grades six through twelve, currently operating in four different U.S. markets. You will be responsible for end-to-end brand strategy, working closely with our teams across School Success, Admissions, and Operations.
You will be joining a talented team of marketers, entrepreneurs and experts in education to level up our marketing and drive ongoing enrollment growth to help the company achieve its mission and goals. This individual will:
- Grow the ATI brand and define a long-term vision:You will become well-versed in our value proposition and create messaging and campaigns that resonate and break through with the target audience. You will play a critical role in defining how ATI expands into new markets, and what is needed to win with consumers. At this level you are expected to lead marketplace analysis and align leadership on recommendations to accelerate awareness and enrollment.
- Become Channel Growth Expert: Be able to strategize across all user acquisition channels. You will partner closely with the growth marketing team and get comfortable with paid acquisition channels (Facebook, Google) and understand our holistic go-to-market strategy. It is your responsibility to unlock growth through new opportunities such as emerging digital channels.
- Guide and Support School Leaders in Marketing Efforts: This role will work closely with school leadership at each of our locations and help enable and guide them as extension of our marketing team. A passion for training and the skill-development of others is curial to the success of this role. The Senior Marketing Manager is responsible for understanding campus-level marketing needs and partnering with school leaders to deliver on their enrollment goals with the support of the broader marketing team.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop the marketing strategy for the Academy of Thought and Industry brand and develop a GTM plan to successfully grow and support existing and new campuses.
- Directly own quarterly and yearly enrollment growth goals. Execute on strategy to meet and exceed business targets.
- Define the long-term vision for the ATI brand – including brand identity, value proposition, core consumer, acquisition campaigns and communication, and identify growth opportunities as part of GTM plan.
- Provide ongoing analysis of pricing, ad spend and ROI to optimize existing marketing efforts and to unite the cross-functional team behind clear business objectives.
- Work closely with school leadership teams to provide nuanced marketing plans where needed to support local needs or initiatives.
- Interface with stakeholders (Operations, Marketing, Admissions, and School Success) to understand and action on business and program requirements
- Bring ideas to the table for how we continue to grow and optimize our marketing efforts broadly
- Establish The Academy of Thought and Industry as leader within the Middle and High school space
We’d love to talk to you if you have…
- 5+ year’s professional marketing experience as brand manager, product marketing manager or growth marketing roles in consumer-facing or high-growth start-up organizations
- Strong proficiency in writing and an ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal. While we have an editing team, you will be required to write email or ad copy at times because you will be closest to the product and customer
- Comfortable analyzing data and providing business recommendations
- Proficiency with ad platforms such as Facebook and Google, and other elements of the marketing mix (including traditional and digital channels)
- Ability to lead cross-functional projects and perform detailed analysis of business requirements
- Excellent communication skills, a sense of curiosity, and a good sense of humor
We’d really love to talk to you if you have…
- Experience in education or Montessori education, but not essential
- A can-do attitude with a desire to “figure it out” and a passion to grow alongside our marketing team
At Higher Ground, we're driven by a deep desire to bring about widespread change in education today. Since our founding 4 years ago, we have opened 80+ beautiful schools across serving students from birth through high school – now we’re virtual and going global. We offer:
- A passionate and supportive team that is hungry to grow and become leaders in our industry
- Fully remote work
- A competitive salary
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- 100% tuition discount for two children at any school within our network
- A network of supportive peers and mentors who regularly share best practices
- Career growth and promotion opportunities