Higher Ground Education is a growing startup company in Orange County, California focused on delivering high-quality education to children around the United States and beyond. We’re building a family of schools serving ages from preschool to high school, and a platform to help schools operate at their highest potential. Core to our mission is modernizing the delivery of Montessori education, which provides an exciting opportunity to leverage the latest technologies to achieve quality education at scale. The challenge before us is significant, but so is the meaningful purpose that motivates us.
We’re looking for an IT specialist to help us tackle the job of supporting our growing family of schools and our central team. This includes responsibility across our entire range of IT systems and tools, ranging from cloud-based software to laptops and tablets. You’ll be our go-to guru for administering and configuring these systems and involved in projects to expand our technical capabilities. You’ll also help us set up new schools, which we do at a growing pace (as many as 20+ per year, in places like Chicago, Austin, and New York City).
Our IT infrastructure is brand new and carefully built from scratch (and still being built). You won’t be dealing with ancient servers (we have none) or decades-old legacy software. We’re a “cloud-native” organization leveraging software-as-a-service to our advantage. We’re believers in automation, integration, and self-service, and are free daily to determine how to build something we want and like, not how to deal with what we’ve inherited. You’ll have a unique opportunity to develop and practice a truly modern skill set that will be relevant for years to come. Our team is small, and your contribution will be uniquely important.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Administration of our Office 365 suite of software: SharePoint Online, Exchange Online, Azure Active Directory, and the rest of the apps
- Administration of a variety of other apps and services, including RingCentral, Formstack, Microsoft Azure, Freshdesk, Google G Suite, Adobe software, Zapier, Stripe, and more
- Deployment and support of end-user devices, including Windows laptops and Android or iOS tablets
- Front-line support of requests from our team and school staff members, via our Freshdesk ticketing system
- Deployment and support of standard office equipment including VOIP desk phones, printers, A/V devices for video conferencing
- Deployment and management of office and school local networks (mainly Ubiquiti Networks gear)
- Inventory management, including shipping laptops and other devices to our schools
- Vendor relationships, including working with internet service providers and with vendor technical support on escalated cases
- Development and implementation projects, for example testing new devices before a roll-out or creating helpful documentation for our team
You’ll fit right in if you identify as somebody who cares about doing things well, getting things done, learning new skills, and taking independent ownership of your work. We don’t require particular degrees or years of experience, because we believe it is the work that matters to accomplishing our goals, not a resume. If you’re motivated to make a tangible impact every day, we want to talk to you.
A few things we’re looking for in particular:
- Task management: we like checklists and to-do lists. You should enjoy clearing your inbox.
- Location: you are excited to work East Coast Time Zone
- Travel: you are able and willing to travel in support of our projects to open new schools and perform occasional on-site maintenance. Amount varies but might be several times per month during busy stretches.