Higher Ground Education is bringing on an Associate Project Manager of Facilities to manage critical facilities projects for our new schools and other special projects. This is a critical role on our team, and we’re looking for a systems-oriented individual who is both a clear-communicator and strong project manager. This person will spend a large portion of their time working with our Director of School Open and Expansion team to launch new campuses across the country. This will involve supporting acquisitions and providing due diligence to support the growth of our organization. If you’re excited about working in an entrepreneurial environment and providing top-tier service to school leaders, this role is for you.
The Associate Project Manager of Facilities will support all facilities needs for schools from the development phase until its sixth month of operation. This role will involve the day-to-day management of all facilities needs within that portfolio. This is a remote role, with high travel expectations. Key responsibilities are as follows.
- New school support. The Associate Project Manager of Facilities will own setting-up facilities for new schools. This includes coordinating with our Director of School Open and Construction Project Managers to define scope and objectives, develop detailed project documentation, communicate with relevant stakeholders and coordinate resources for the flawless execution of facilities projects.
- Business acquisition support. This person will support due diligence for new sites from a facilities stand-point. This involves supporting accounting, transition of service and providers.
- Construction hand-off. This person will manage the hand-off process from construction to facilities. This involves physical full diagnostics of each campus to identify needs.
- Internal hand-off to Property and Facilities Manager. This person will drive the creation and management of internal shared folders for new sites. This person will design and hand-off documentation and key facilities information to our Property and Facilities Manager.
- Special projects. The Associate Project Manager of Facilities will provide project management support to the facilities team around strategic and growth initiatives
We’d love to talk to you if you have…
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university
- 3-5 years of professional experience in a project management role
- Experience in property-based operations or facilities
- Experience working with state agencies, public utility organizations
- Experience managing multiple stakeholders
- Ability to develop systems without little directive
- A passion for education, customer service and a sense of humor
We’d really love to talk to you if you have…
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Experience with schools or residential property management
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment
At Higher Ground, we're driven by a deep desire to bring about widespread change in education today. Since our founding 4 years ago, we have opened 77 beautiful schools across the U.S. serving students from birth through high school. Now we’re virtual and going global. We offer:
- Fully remote work
- A competitive salary
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- 100% tuition discount for two children at any school within our network
- A network of supportive peers and mentors who regularly share best practices
- Career growth and promotion opportunities
Want to get to know us better? Check out: