About Higher Ground Education
At Higher Ground Education, we're driven by a deep desire to bring about widespread change in education today. We believe that the traditional method of education used in most schools is antiquated, outdated, and broken. To meet the needs of today's students and to bring about true progress in the world around us, we need an education model that fosters independence and develops competent, capable, action-oriented thinkers and change agents.
We believe that the key to international education reform lies in modernizing and mainstreaming the hugely impactful Montessori pedagogy. It is only then that we will succeed in enabling children across the world to realize their human potential as knowledge-guided, value-oriented, efficacious beings, so that they experience, undiluted and unimpeded, the joyous process of growing into successful adults.
Since our founding 3 years ago, we have opened 47 beautiful schools across the U.S. serving students from birth through high school. We have also launched an innovative, blended-learning training organization to fuel our growth.
The UX Designer & Developer Position
The UX Designer & Developer will work closely with the marketing and engineering teams to engage thousands of families and grow their awareness and engagement with Higher Ground Education and our multiple school brands.
This role will have a particular focus on optimizing our web marketing funnels and will live primarily on the digital marketing team. The digital marketing team runs outreach, engagement, cross-selling, and educational campaigns across email, social, and community channels. We are data-driven in everything we do.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Implementation of rich conversion tracking and A/B testing suites to optimize our marketing growth funnel
- Quick ideation and creation of microsites and splash pages, in tandem with our marketing calendar
- The further optimization of websites and other web marketing channels via A/B testing and conversion funnel improvements
- Reporting with other departments based on predefined metrics
We'd love to talk to you if you possess:
- 3+ years of experience in creating website designs in Adobe, Sketch, and/or any other preferred design tools
- Strong familiarity with WordPress and/or other CMS systems or website templating engines
- Experience implementing growth tools such as A/B testing experiments, email marketing campaigns, Salesforce for CRM, and other tracking tools
- A high degree of initiative and autonomy to lead your own initiatives
- A performance- and results-oriented mindset
- A bachelor’s degree preferred in relevant field
- A portfolio of work available on request
We’d really love to talk to you if you also possess:
- Coding experience in ASP.NET MVC and its front-end Razor syntax
- Comfort in working with APIs and in bridging the gaps between the front-end and back-end databases and third-party applications
- Comfort stepping into pre-existing codebases and branding decisions, working to make them your own over time
What We Offer:
- A competitive salary
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- 100% tuition discount for two children at any school within our network (we serve children as young as 6 weeks through 12th grade).
- Open to remote work
- Fun training & onboarding at HQ
- A network of supportive peers and mentors who regularly share best practices
- Career growth and promotion opportunities
- The opportunity to contribute to a high-quality educational program that serves the individual needs of each child
Want to get to know us better? Check out: