Higharc is a VC-backed startup that is changing how new homes are designed and built. Join a founding team who’ve shipped products for Autodesk, Electronic Arts, Nike, and Apple.
Higharc is growing its team to build a powerful interactive, web-based home design platform. We are looking for a QA Manager who will help build and guide our QA team that ensures our software is always working properly. This role will contribute to a broad range of parts of the product from our in-browser home design system, sales features for builders, and more. You will collaborate with engineering, product, design, and architects in ensuring that our products work as expected. This role reports to the VP of Engineering.
This is a full-time role that can be held remotely in the continental United States or from our offices in Durham, NC, San Francisco, CA, or Atlanta, GA.
What you'll do:
- Develop the quality strategy for the company.
- Build and manage a team of QA engineers.
- Guide their job performance and career growth.
- Recruit, hire and mentor team members.
- Ensure comprehensive testing of the Higharc software platform.
- Work with product management on requirements, acceptance criteria, and acceptance testing.
- Design and implement full-stack testing plans.
- Plan and lead automation efforts, with strategic thinking about the value and placement of that automation.
- Ensure proper levels of functional, regression, exploratory, performance, and usability testing are occurring.
You might be a good fit if you have:
- BA/BS degree in Engineering, Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- 5+ years of QA experience; At least 1 year in a QA leadership role
- Hands-on with experience developing automated test code; white box testing (e.g. Java, Go, Python)
- Experience managing a QA team of at least 3
- Deep knowledge of automation at all software layers (e.g. UI, services, APIs, etc.) and CI/CD technologies (e.g. Jenkins, GitHub, Maven, etc.).
- Effective communication (oral and written) skills including problem-solving, prioritizing, and interpersonal relationship building.
- Proven track record in helping to define testing solutions that enable business objectives.
Higharc has been remote-first since our founding in 2018. We offer flexible hours so that you do your best work without missing out on life. Higharc offers competitive salaries with significant equity in a fast-growing, well-funded company. Personal healthiness is an important value for us - we provide comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage with unlimited PTO, and meaningful maternity/paternity leave. You'll also have access to other big-company benefits like short and long-term disability plans and a 401k. Haven't worked remotely before? We provide a stipend to help you create the ideal home-office.