High Alpha is hiring a key team member for a new B2B SaaS startup portfolio company, Humankind. The company is based in Los Angeles but open to remote employees. Both the CEO along with High Alpha have both seen exponential growth across a variety of SaaS platforms in multiple industries with successful $B exits.
We are a team of collaborators that are passionate about providing the very best that we can to our customers. We are travelers, artists, athletes, animal lovers, optimists and adventurers creating an incredibly strong, fully remote team and providing amazing service, no matter where we are. We’re problem solvers, and continuous learners never afraid of a challenge, and we’re looking to add another amazing member to our team.
Humankind is developing a whole new way to shop - we call it H-Commerce (h is for humans). This is the creation of a whole new category and you will help us define the space and establish us as the leader. We have the opportunity to own this vertical and with an enormous white space, we are poised to leap out in front of the pack and claim it as ours. We’ve signed 6 deals out of the gate before launching and expect the floodgates to come open. You will be part of that rapid acceleration of growth.
This role is for the Head of Sales. You will report directly to the CEO and become a key member of the leadership team. Both you and the CEO will be very active in selling new prospects and over time, at your direction, we will build out a larger sales organization. Additionally, you will also oversee Marketing and 2 employees, helping them build out strategies and the execution to assist with demand generation. You are a strong player/coach by being active in many deals directly, and work collaboratively with the product and marketing teams to make our early customers wildly successful. You will have an opportunity to build our prospecting strategy and process to drive new customer acquisition, working closely with marketing, client success, and sales to help generate new partnerships for this early business.
What you will do:
- Be an eCommerce and SaaS management expert
- Source new leads and drive the sale from A-Z
- Master the current sales motion and find ways to enhance it
- Hire and oversee SDR to help assist in sourcing new leads
- Oversee marketing to increase pipeline, in particular ensuring the team leads at events, partner support, and makes prospecting and marketing lead follow ups a priority
- Sales Support: You will work with the CEO in the demo-to-close and post-sales processes. This includes running demos, position and promote our offerings, and close customers.
- Oversee the sales training program to ensure that the sales team is able to achieve targets that support overall company revenue objectives
- Achievement and Accountability: You will help set and measure weekly, monthly, and quarterly activity targets and goals.
- Work with the Client Success team to ensure a smooth handoff from sales to launch
What Success looks like:
- Actively signing new brands and new deals
- Building out the sales and marketing departments and positioning them for repeatable success
- Ability to grow and scale a SaaS sales team while positively achieving revenue targets
What we need:
- Proven success in sales leadership for over 7 years in SaaS industry
- eCommerce experience and relationships and a rolodex of brands/retailers who you have sold to
- Experience at early stage start up and the excitement and energy to be part of something new and revolutionary
- Motivated, passionate, organized
- Great sales professional, coach, and mentor
- A+ Communicator and manager of expectations
- Motivated to get your hands dirty with the day-to-day aspects of sales and be a player coach
- To be a self starter - someone who focuses on results and finds a way to get to the desired result in the best possible way
We constantly challenge ourselves to push boundaries, defy conventional wisdom, and take smart risks by pursuing big opportunities hiding in plain sight.
We push ourselves and portfolio companies to build processes and systems that compress time, speed, and decision-making to produce results faster.
We demand the best from ourselves, our team, and our partners. We create the context for success by providing the appropriate resources, infrastructure, training, and mentorship required to win.
High Alpha is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.