High Alpha is hiring key team members for a new B2B SaaS startup in Greenville, SC. We are building a software platform with a built-in community aspect to enhance and serve the Executive Assistant industry. We believe that Executive Assistants are the backbone of successful businesses and executives, and our goal is to provide resources to make their jobs more efficient.
If you’ve ever been interested in developing a product roadmap from scratch as a member of the initial design team, this is it!
Overview of the Role
We’re looking for an experienced UX/UI Designer. This position will be with High Alpha’s latest company, which is pre-public launch. You’ll work closely with the internal High Alpha team while reporting directly to the Director of Product + Engineering. The platform this team will build will be an enterprise SaaS application, so we need innovative thinkers, leaders, and technologists. We will be using the latest emerging technologies to design, build, and deliver a high quality, robust solution for our enterprise-level customers.
As our UX/UI Designer, you will help envision how people interact with and experience our products, and then translate that vision into future designs. You will transform complex processes into intuitive and easy-to-use designs (both web and mobile) that are understandable by both inexperienced and sophisticated users. You will collaborate closely with members of the product/engineering teams, in addition to marketing and executive leadership throughout the design process – from crafting user flows and wireframes to building user interface mockups and prototypes. At each stage, you will anticipate what our users need, advocate for them, and ensure that the final product surprises and delights them. We’re looking for a full-stack designer with a broad range of skillsets, including product design, communication design, and web design.
Our UX/UI Designer will:
- Design beautiful and usable interfaces, web pages, and marketing collateral from concept to final deliverable.
- Work cross-functionally with Product, Marketing and Engineering teams, facilitating design discussions, and giving feedback in planning and product channels.
- Make high-level contributions to product and marketing strategy by identifying new opportunities, generating innovative solutions, and improving existing features.
- Ensure consistency across product, website, and marketing materials.
- Regularly present work and share feedback in design reviews.
- Sketch and wireframe low-fidelity userflows
- Prototype unique interactions and experiences.
Our UX/UI Designer should:
- Have 3+ years of relevant work experience with well-rounded expertise in visual design, interaction design, and prototyping, ideally with SaaS products
- Demonstrate a proven track record of creating designs with clarity and consistency
- Function as a bridge across disciplines, such as Design, Product, Engineering, and Marketing
- Be able to successfully manage all aspects of a project from start to finish
- Have experience working with customers to understand their product needs, and the communication skills necessary to translate these needs into engineerable flows and designs
- Be self-directed and excited about solving new problems. You should understand that done is preferable to perfect, but still strive to produce the best work possible in everything you ship.
- Love frequent feedback, seek it often, and don’t take criticism personally. You should fully embrace your work, make sure it meets the needs of the intended audience, and be able to meet quick deadlines.
- Have a great attitude and a team-oriented approach. We share a commitment to excellence and a desire to work in a comfortable, friendly atmosphere.
- Embrace ambiguity, be solution-oriented, and thrive in a constantly changing environment
Our UX/UI Designer can look forward to:
- A fun, flexible work environment, with a passionate team that is ready to make waves in the EA industry
- The chance to help establish company culture, best practices, team norms, and foundations of product design
- Competitive pay for a new and growing company
- Stock options
- Health insurance, parental leave, technology stipend, and unlimited paid time off
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.