High Alpha is hiring key team members for a new B2B SaaS startup in Greenville, SC. We are building a software platform with a built-in community aspect to enhance and serve the Executive Assistant industry. Executive Assistants are the backbone of successful businesses and executives, and our goal is to provide resources to make their jobs more efficient.
Someone in this role will look forward to working alongside a collaborative team using the latest emerging technologies to design, build, and deliver a high quality, robust solution for our customers.
If you’ve ever been interested in joining a fast growing early stage company as a member of the initial engineering team, this is it!
What We’re Looking For:
- 5+ years professional software development experience
- Experience developing large-scale applications utilizing a variety of languages and technologies
- Deep understanding of how software leverages data, machine learning, and APIs to deliver exponential value
- Expert level experience with Node or other server-side language (Golang, Python, etc)
- Comfortable with modern web UI development, especially within larger reusable frameworks like React, VueJs or others
- Fluency with leveraging the latest cloud offerings from Google/Amazon, producing a scalable microservice architecture, and optimizing for user experience
- Comfortable leading within an Agile or Lean software environment
- Knowledge of continuous deployment practices, including automated testing and continuous integration
- Experience working and collaborating with a team of fellow engineers and designers
- Comfortable communicating to business stakeholders and creating documentation
- A desire for professional development and continued learning
- You’re self-motivated and comfortable working in an iterative environment and can take minimal direction to drive to desired goals
- Experience integrating with 3rd party API’s like Calendar (Google/Microsoft), Analytics Providers, SendGrid, Twilio, and others
- Knowledge of Distributed/Concurrent systems and experience utilizing microservice architecture best practices
- Experience in engineering leadership, with a proven track record of leading software projects from inception through development and successful deployment
- DevOps experience scaling cloud environments with Kubernetes
- Mobile app development experience
Our team members can look forward to:
- A fun, flexible work environment, with a passionate team
- The chance to help establish company culture, best practices, team norms, and foundations of engineering
- Competitive pay for a new and growing company
- Stock options
- Health insurance, parental leave, and unlimited paid time off
- Tech stipend
As a new company we are constantly learning and evolving, but there are a few important themes that don’t change:
We Are Autonomous
Engineers should be free to solve problems rather than work task lists. We recognize how important it is to invest in creativity and knowledge.
We build small features, frequently deploy, test, and learn from each release. Rather than ride a release train we perform multiple deployments a day so that we can realize business value as quickly as possible.
We Are Transparent
We want our engineering team to work in lock-step with the other key areas of our business to build a product our customers love. We want to share our successes and learnings with each other as we continue to grow.