High Alpha is hiring key team members for a new B2B SaaS startup in Greenville, SC. We are building a software platform with a built-in community aspect to enhance and serve the Executive Assistant industry. We believe that Executive Assistants are the backbone of successful businesses and executives, and our goal is to provide resources to make their jobs more efficient.
If you’ve ever been interested in developing a product roadmap from scratch as a member of the initial engineering team, this is it!
Overview of the Role
We’re looking for a world class Director ofEngineering. This position will be with High Alpha’s latest company, which is pre-public launch. You’ll work closely with the internal High Alpha team while reporting directly to the CEO. The platform this team will build will be an enterprise SaaS application, so we need innovative thinkers, leaders, and technologists. We will be using the latest emerging technologies to design, build, and deliver a high quality, robust solution for our enterprise-level customers.
As Director of Engineering, you will be focused on creating and executing on innovative product ideas with a relentless focus on the customers. You will bring strong, engineering-oriented thinking combined with communication, analytical and leadership skills. You will work with cross-functional teams to build and roll-out products that deliver the company’s vision and strategy.
We strongly prefer extensive experience in small-to-mid sized growing companies, ideally in the tech SaaS space. You must be a proven hands-on manager to fit well into our team. Your superb leadership skills, ability to work with multiple teams, and the ability to influence others for best results will make you are an exceptional addition to our team.
We’re looking for a leader and full stack engineer with deep experience utilizing Node, Golang and a microservices architecture. Our platform experience is powered by React and deployed on Kubernetes. We’re looking for someone to serve as the leader and cornerstone of our development team.
The role will provide leadership on the product roadmap, project & portfolio management, engineering processes, staff recruitment, and development.
Our Director of Engineering will:
- Lead a world-class team – Hire, develop and manage a team of product and engineering experts to deliver on the vision of the company.
- Deeply understand how software leverages data, machine learning, AI, and APIs to deliver exponential value.
- Understand the market and the underlying technology behind it. Understand how an Executive Assistant thinks, identify customer needs and define targeted market opportunities.
- Know your customer – develop deep and trusted relationships with key customers and use the knowledge of their business process and requirements to drive product strategy and the prioritization of work. Work closely with customers at every phase of the product lifecycle to seek feedback and validation and establish benchmarks of customer success.
- Drive product lifecycle – Lead engineering, user experience, and infrastructure to drive the product lifecycle from concept to customer success.
- Champion the vision – work with go-to-market teams, product marketing, sales, services, and enablement teams to build a program that establishes thought leadership in the market.
Our Director of Engineering should:
- Be a self-starter who has strong experience creating structure and clarity in ambiguous spaces. You will have a direct impact on the success of the product and the company. In this role, you will own product planning end-to-end, including working with the executive team to define product strategy, driving cross-functional execution, and making important trade-off decisions along the way.
- BA/BS (preferably in a Computer Science related discipline)
- Be a full-stack developer with 10+ years professional experience in SaaS product leadership, with a proven track record of leading teams to take new products from inception through development and successful commercialization
- Fluency with leveraging the latest cloud offerings from Google/Amazon, producing scalable microservice architecture, and optimizing for user experience
- Have experience in a fast-paced, test-driven, agile development environment and be excited for the opportunity to manage other developers added to the team
- Have the ability to function as a bridge across disciplines, such as Design, Product, Engineering, and Marketing
- Be able to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, develop business cases, and show results, and to clearly communicate data insights to others
- Be able to wear the hat of Application Architect who recommends new technologies while accurately assessing the impact of changes to the overall solution
- Be able to successfully manage all aspects of a project from start to finish
- Demonstrate team leadership that optimizes focus, engagement, motivation and productivity of a diverse group of software engineers and product managers
- Show exceptional communication, presentation, organizational and analytical skills
- Be ready to dive deep in understanding the product, our business, and the competitive landscape
- Love to collaborate with others to build cutting edge software
- Have a desire to create and work in a fun environment
- Want to be part of a new team developing a product from the ground up
- Demonstrate grace under pressure
Our Director of Engineering can look forward to:
- A fun, flexible work environment, with a passionate team that is ready to make waves in the EA industry
- The chance to help establish company culture, best practices, team norms, and foundations of product design
- Competitive pay for a new and growing company
- Stock options
- Health insurance, competitive pay, parental leave, and unlimited paid time off
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.