CEO & Founder
High Alpha Innovation partners with the world’s leading organizations to build Advantaged Startups. Part strategy consultancy, part venture studio, our team is a diverse mix of highly-experienced company builders, designers, and strategists that build and launch venture studios and startups in partnership with corporations.
We’re currently working with a corporate partner to launch a new software business in the developer productivity tools space. The rapid growth of technology orgs has exponentially increased the complexity of code bases and the number of tools developers must use to do their work. This "code sprawl” is slowing down and frustrating engineering teams, especially during the ramp up period for newer developers.
We’re looking for a CEO and founder to build a business and platform that enables software developers and their managers to gather the context they need across tools and teams to decrease the time it takes new team members to reach full productivity and increase retention by fostering a sense of belonging and community within engineering organizations.
High Alpha Innovation, founders, and corporate partners come together to create Advantaged Startups that have the talent, capital, and expertise to dramatically accelerate business traction and increase the odds of raising additional capital. As the CEO and founder, you will be responsible for building an important, durable venture-scalable business and team from the ground up. High Alpha Innovation will support you in setting up the company, hiring early employees, providing access to its network, and raising the next round. Our corporate partner will provide pre-seed investment intended to fund the company through Seed and serve as a strategic advisor and potential first customer and partner.
As the CEO, you will work to build conviction with the market, investors, and early customers as you bring the product to market. You’ll be defining the go-to-market strategy and get the MVP into the hands of early customers. This is a unique opportunity to be a creator, builder, and innovator to build a world-class product from scratch.
What You'll Do:
- Serve as a leader and co-founder to shape corporate strategy and company vision while building conviction in the market, with investors, and customers
- Drive growth, revenue and company value while implementing scalable and efficient strategies to ensure consistent results and exponential growth
- Align resources to achieve key business goals and milestones
- Own the operational budget and manager burn rate and runway
- Report updates to the Board of Directors and corporate stakeholders regarding progress against strategic, operational, and financial goals
- Assist with creating and executing a fundraising strategy to drive interest from outside VC investors
What You'll Need:
- Demonstrated experience in selling software to medium to large enterprise technology organizations (preferably VPs of Engineering or other Engineering leaders)
- Experience or knowledge of managing and building high performing software development team and has personally experienced the pain of growing code and tool complexity
- Founder experience is preferred, or at minimum, experience working in an early-stage, venture-backed company in a key leadership role
- Venture capital fundraising experience preferred or other relevant experience across sales, negotiations, or corporate development
- Strong track record of tackling difficult challenges, a strong work ethic and desire to build a high growth company
- An entrepreneurial mindset along with the grit and determination to scale a company from scratch
What we offer:
- A highly validated concept and business model hypothesis developed by our team
- Pre-seed funding committed by corporate partner and potential pilot customers
- The support of the venture studio and platform services; we surround the startup with world-class expertise it needs to build a market-leading company
What we value :
We make decisions with imperfect information and quickly move forward. We take action. We are comfortable with discomfort, and we measure our results in terms of what we build.
WE ARE BOLD
We seek, uncover, and speak truth. We are endlessly curious, we dream big and we lead through vision. Our ideas change the world.
WE CREATE OPPORTUNITY
We aim to create as much opportunity for as many people as possible, and we believe startups are a powerful vehicle for doing so. By creating opportunity, we create joy for ourselves, our loved ones, our corporate partners, and if we’re doing it right -- the world.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
High Alpha Innovation is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not just accept diverse backgrounds, we celebrate them. Our company, the work we do, and our partners benefit from the value of a diverse team. No team member's value lies alone in their diversity, and because we value diversity so highly, we reiterate that all hiring and employment decisions are made on merit, performance, competence, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.