CTO & Co-Founder
High Alpha Innovation partners with the world’s leading organizations to innovate through startup creation. Part strategy consultancy, part venture studio, our team is a diverse mix of highly-experienced company builders, designers, and strategists who work with corporate and university partners to source, launch, and invest in venture studios and advantaged startups.
Our newest company that is currently in Stealth Mode is seeking a technical co-founder. This StealthCo. will build a new mobile health equity solution that better connects and empowers both patients and providers.
Starting with Sickle Cell Disease, StealthCo. will build a software platform that translates the complex healthcare world into a personalized journey while easing the administrative burden on care teams. The dual-sided software creates a shared care plan between patients and care teams, increasing engagement and enhancing the experience for both parties.
You’ll be supported by the High Alpha Innovation team, who have seen exponential growth across a variety of SaaS platforms in multiple industries with successful exits along with the deep subject matter expertise, network, and credentials of the advising concept ideator.
As the CTO and Co-Founder, you will be responsible for building a big, important, durable business from the ground up. As the CTO you will work to build the MVP, hire a world class team of software developers and partner with the CEO to define the product roadmap and go - to - market strategy. This is a unique opportunity to be a creator, builder, and innovator to build a world-class product from scratch.
What You'll Do:
- Serve as a co-founder and executive partner to the CEO assisting in shaping corporate strategy and company vision while participating in building conviction in the market, with investors, and customers
- Plan and define the architecture of the platform, and lead the creation of the MVP
- Refine engineering architecture as the product expands
- Build, lead and grow the engineering team dedicated to the ongoing advancement of the SaaS product
- Develop and support a culture of continuous improvement and best practices within the Engineering organization
- Develop and maintain a Lean/Agile startup culture maturing with scale, and foster high level of employee motivation, performance, and commitment
- Design and develop clean, scalable, and maintainable code
- Work with modern languages, frameworks, and tools to build a cutting edge platform leveraging the most effective and modern technologies
- Execute continuous deployment practices, including automated testing and continuous integration
What You'll Need:
- Demonstrated experience in building SaaS products and leading high performing engineering teams
- Experience or exposure to digital health business models, ideally in mobile health, health information technology, or telemedicine space
- Industry familiarity in healthcare ideally with health systems and payers
- 10+ years of professional software development experience, including hands-on software engineering/architecture experience for commercial technology or technology-enabled services companies
- 5+ years of experience managing or leading a software development team. Experience building and managing a team of remote Software developers
- Deep experience with various Software Development methodologies and approaches, with an appreciation of how and when to employ each
- Familiarity with technologies, frameworks and tools used across the entire stack
- Systems Design/ Architecture experience with excellent analytical, problem-solving and communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Preferred qualifications:
- Healthcare Informatics and/ or Healthcare Technology experience
- Understanding of security in a highly regulated environment (healthcare, finance) with attention to HIPAA , HITRUST and/or SOC2 compliance
What we offer:
- Salary plus equity plan
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Flexible work location within the United States
- A collaborative, entrepreneurial environment with a proven venture studio playbook
- A highly validated concept and business model hypothesis developed by our team
- Pre-seed funding committed by our health system partner
- The support of the venture studio and platform services, we surround the startup with world-class expertise in every discipline required to build a market-leading company
What we value :
We make decisions with imperfect information and quickly move forward. We take action. We are comfortable with discomfort, and we measure our results in terms of what we build.
WE ARE BOLD
We seek, uncover, and speak truth. We are endlessly curious, we dream big and we lead through vision. Our ideas change the world.
WE CREATE OPPORTUNITY
We aim to create as much opportunity for as many people as possible, and we believe startups are a powerful vehicle for doing so. By creating opportunity, we create joy for ourselves, our loved ones, our corporate partners, and if we’re doing it right -- the world.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
High Alpha Innovation is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not just accept diverse backgrounds, we celebrate them. Our company, the work we do, and our partners benefit from the value of a diverse team. No team member's value lies alone in their diversity, and because we value diversity so highly, we reiterate that all hiring and employment decisions are made on merit, performance, competence, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.