Director of Marketing
High Alpha Innovation partners with the world’s leading organizations to innovate through startup creation. Part strategy consultancy, part venture studio, our team is a diverse mix of highly-experienced company builders, designers, and strategists who work with corporate and university partners to source, launch, and invest in venture studios and startups.
High Alpha Innovation is looking for a Director of Marketing to join our growing team of startup creators. This role will drive marketing strategy for High Alpha Innovation, as well as our portfolio companies and studios co-founded with our corporate and university partners. The ideal candidate for this role has a strong background in growing and leading a marketing team and has a demonstrated history of expertise across a broad spectrum of marketing campaigns, including brand, public relations, events, content, social media, and digital marketing. You have ideally driven marketing initiatives within professional services, venture capital fund, or venture studio capacity and enjoy working with external partners and entrepreneurs in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
As the Director of Marketing, you will be responsible for providing direction, guidance, and leadership to a growing marketing team by evaluating and developing marketing strategies, planning and coordinating marketing efforts and events, and building awareness and positioning of our company’s brand. You’ll regularly be creating and working with new ideas, new industries, and different ways of reaching new audiences, as our portfolio companies span a wide variety of industries and verticals. You'll create new brands and strategies for those portfolio companies, and advise our founders on their evolving marketing strategies as those companies scale.
This is a highly visible role and will play an integral role representing the High Alpha Innovation brand to our partners, at events, in thought leadership, social media, and PR activities. As a strategic executive leader, you will work closely with our sales and leadership teams to develop enablement material as well as collaborate with our corporate partners to provide education on our company and value proposition and then provide marketing direction and PR strategy as we launch businesses together.
What You'll Do:
- Serve as the executive leader of all marketing activities for High Alpha Innovation, our portfolio companies, and studios. You’ll lead the growing marketing team and advise internal and external leadership on marketing initiatives and implications.
- Design and implement creative marketing strategies to create awareness around the company’s business activities and the benefits of the venture studio model.
- Hire and lead a growing marketing team engaged in a combination of brand, social, content, events, and growth marketing tasks.
- Collaborate with leadership to design and execute events and activities which will drive brand awareness and participation.
- Drive top of funnel leads for sales through strategic brand campaigns which will position us as the leader in our industry.
- Provide clear communication, expectations, and education to our corporate partners to ensure they understand the High Alpha Innovation story and our differentiators.
- Partner with our partner’s communications teams to drive PR, external communications campaigns, aligning on timing, medium, and messaging for all newly launched portfolio companies.
- Oversee the collaboration with our entrepreneurs to set marketing milestones and essential tasks to ensure a strong marketing kick-off plan. Oversee the implementation of agency support and manage our relationship with all third party vendors.
What You'll Need:
- 8+ years of experience in marketing leadership across a broad set of marketing disciplines. Ideally, that experience has been in professional services, venture capital, or at a venture studio, accelerator, or an incubator.
- Excellent storytelling skills with the ability to weave disparate data and initiatives into a compelling narrative and marketing campaign that speaks to a variety of personas.
- Experience building, leading, and developing high-performance marketing teams with a highly strategic yet hands-on, entrepreneurial builder mentality. You’ll be a player/coach.
- Passion for innovation, startups, entrepreneurship and marketing. You actively stay up-to-date on news and trends in the industry and be a thought leader yourself.
- Strategic, innovative and creative personality with strong business acumen and executive presence. You enjoy advising other executive leaders and think holistically about how the marketing function fits into the business’ objectives.
- Strong influencing skills with the ability to build conviction in your work.
- Clear and direct communication with strong attention to detail and excellence.
- Flexibility and a high level of comfort surrounding change and ambiguity involved in fast-paced, early-stage startups.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary plus equity plan
- Medical, dental & vision Insurance with employer HSA contribution
- Company paid STD/LTD and Life Insurance
- Unlimited PTO plan to encourage a healthy work - life balance
- 16 paid company holidays
- 401k with company contribution
- A remote first culture. Work from anywhere in the United States
- Company provided laptop plus a monthly technology stipend to help cover additional working expenses
- A collaborative, entrepreneurial environment with a proven venture studio playbook
- The opportunity to create, build and grow innovative products with world class founders
What we value :
We make decisions with imperfect information and quickly move forward. We take action. We are comfortable with discomfort, and measure our results in terms of what we build.
WE ARE BOLD
We seek, uncover, and speak truth. We are endlessly curious, we dream big and we lead through vision. Our ideas change the world.
WE CREATE OPPORTUNITY
We aim to create as much opportunity for as many people as possible, and believe startups are a powerful vehicle for doing so. By creating opportunity, we create joy for ourselves, our loved ones, our corporate partners, and if we’re doing it right -- the world.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
High Alpha Innovation is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not just accept diverse backgrounds, we celebrate them. Our company, the work we do, and our partners benefit from the value of a diverse team. No team member's value lies alone in their diversity, and because we value diversity so highly, we reiterate that all hiring and employment decisions are made on merit, performance, competence, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.