About High Alpha Innovation:
High Alpha Innovation partners with the world’s leading organizations to innovate through startup creation. Part strategy consultancy, part venture studio, our team is a diverse mix of highly-experienced company builders, designers, and strategists who work with corporate partners to source, launch, and invest in venture studios and startups.
Our newest company, Amplio, is seeking a Software Engineer to conceive and design a world-class product from scratch. Amplio is a cloud-based, diagnostic solution that enables companies to identify and mitigate supply chain risk across their supply base, built by industry experts and based on big data. You’ll work closely with the internal High Alpha Innovation team while reporting directly to the CEO. Both the founders and the High Alpha Innovation team leaders have seen exponential growth across a variety of SaaS platforms and have specific subject matter expertise in the logistics and supply chain software industry.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join us as we build a brand-new product from the ground up. As a member of the founding team you’ll function as a creator, builder, and innovator. Your efforts will shape the future of the product, team, and company.
What you’ll do:
- Breathe life into our product and help design our application architecture working with languages and tools like Python, Node.js, PostgreSQL, React, etc.
- Write clean and efficient code while optimizing for performance and stability to serve our users as we scale
- Design and create scalable internal and customer-facing APIs (GraphQL, REST)
- Collaborate with engineering and product teams to ensure consistency, reliability, security, and performance
- Thrive in an innovative and rapidly growing environment
What we need from you:
- 3+ years experience as an engineer at a SaaS company
- Proven track record of creating consistent and performant data-centric software solutions and explaining how they address challenges customers face
- Past experience ingesting/integrating data from a variety of systems and/or third-party tools/services/APIs
- Exposure to data engineering principles and best practices and experience creating/managing end-to-end data pipelines and ETL/ELT development involving orchestration, scheduling, etc. (e.g. Airflow, Dagster) and event-based/streaming workflows (e.g. Spark, Kafka)
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms
- Familiarity with modern build pipelines and tools (CI/CD, git/GitHub, etc.)
- Plenty of experience translating business requirements into technical specifications
- Obsessive attention to detail
- Ability to confront ambiguity, self-direct, and work efficiently while pursuing excellence
- Deep empathy for our users’ most salient pain points
What we offer:
- Competitive salary plus equity plan
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Company paid STD/LTD and Life Insurance
- Unlimited PTO plan to encourage a healthy work - life balance
- Company provided laptop plus a monthly technology stipend to help cover additional working expenses
- A collaborative, entrepreneurial environment with a proven venture studio playbook
- The opportunity to create, build and grow innovative products with world class founders
What we value :
We make decisions with imperfect information and quickly move forward. We take action. We are comfortable with discomfort, and measure our results in terms of what we build.
WE ARE BOLD
We seek, uncover, and speak truth. We are endlessly curious, we dream big and we lead through vision. Our ideas change the world.
WE CREATE OPPORTUNITY
We aim to create as much opportunity for as many people as possible, and believe startups are a powerful vehicle for doing so. By creating opportunity, we create joy for ourselves, our loved ones, our corporate partners, and if we’re doing it right -- the world.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
High Alpha Innovation is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not just accept diverse backgrounds, we celebrate them. Our company, the work we do, and our partners benefit from the value of a diverse team. No team member's value lies alone in their diversity, and because we value diversity so highly, we reiterate that all hiring and employment decisions are made on merit, performance, competence, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.