About High Alpha Innovation:
High Alpha Innovation partners with the world’s leading organizations to innovate through startup creation. Part strategy consultancy, part venture studio, our team is a diverse mix of highly-experienced company builders, designers, and strategists who work with corporate partners to source, launch, and invest in venture studios and startups.
What we’re looking for:
We are currently seeking a world-class Machine Learning & Software Engineering Executive Leader to lead a three month Proof-of-Concept program to validate the technical feasibility of developing a machine learning model that improves day-to-day decision making of operators in the Beef/Cattle industry through personalized alerts and notifications. The EIR would be paid a competitive market rate based on their skills, background, and seniority in relation to the role. Our corporate partner will provide access to its existing predictive model as well as the world’s largest and most valuable cattle performance benchmarking dataset and has pre-approved a $1M capital investment to create a new company in partnership with High Alpha Innovation if the Proof-of-Concept program is successful. For both the corporate partner and High Alpha Innovation, the ideal outcome of the three month program is for the EIR to transition into the CTO, CEO, or another appropriate role within the newly formed company.
What you’ll do:
- Manage architecture, planning and optimization for model and other data captured across various assets within the organization. This includes review and improvement of current architecture (model and data storage, ingestion, compute and documentation processes) and creating a new or revised process(es).
- Recommend enterprise-grade solutions for operationalizing AI/ML analytics. Develop improved aggregation strategy, architecture build-out and related processes for model / data capture, storage and compute across assets (including required budget, performance / drift, retraining and validation schedules, governance / compliance / traceability / auditability, headcount, and hardware/software materials)
- Develop model that combines data from on-site cameras, 3rd party datasets, and ERPs or other systems used by customers with support of engineering team
- Manage data capture and ingestion efforts for new inputs
- Develop improved method for asset sorting and placement using new and existing data
- Develop improved method for modeling growth, performance, marketing and procurement timelines at lot and individual animal level using new and existing models and data asset
- Identify and manage hardware materials required to capture essential model data
- Work with external vendors to source, install and manage software and hardware materials
What we need from you:
- MS or PHD in statistics, computer science, engineering or related field
- 8-10 years experience working as a deep learning engineer
- Proven track-record of writing computer vision and/or sensor enabled models (via research publications or work products you can reference)
- Demonstrated excellence in managing engineering and cross-functional teams
- Willingness travel to and work in rugged conditions (may need to travel periodically onsite)
- Advanced proficiency using cloud solutions (AWS, Azure, or GCP, Kubernetes clusters)
- Proficiency managing machine learning life cycle platforms (ML Flow / Kubeflow) including an in-depth understanding of CI/CD and other DevOps processes.
- Advanced proficiency using Azure cloud environments (Azure preferred over AWS)
- Experience working for a start-up
- An entrepreneurial mindset - are consistently curious and always tinkering to solve a big problems using the latest technologies
- Served in a senior or mid-level managerial role in a data architecture / MLOps, deep learning or AI team
What we value :
We make decisions with imperfect information and quickly move forward. We take action. We are comfortable with discomfort, and measure our results in terms of what we build.
WE ARE BOLD
We seek, uncover, and speak truth. We are endlessly curious, we dream big and we lead through vision. Our ideas change the world.
WE CREATE OPPORTUNITY
We aim to create as much opportunity for as many people as possible, and believe startups are a powerful vehicle for doing so. By creating opportunity, we create joy for ourselves, our loved ones, our corporate partners, and if we’re doing it right -- the world.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
High Alpha Innovation is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not just accept diverse backgrounds, we celebrate them. Our company, the work we do, and our partners benefit from the value of a diverse team. No team member's value lies alone in their diversity, and because we value diversity so highly, we reiterate that all hiring and employment decisions are made on merit, performance, competence, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.